Working on EP/LP Approach

Dissiopathic

Hello to all,
a simple question:
what is your approach to work on an ep / lp?
To have the same overall quality I think I should working simultaneously to tracks.

I'm curious to hear your advice,

Bye!

You can work on the tracks one at a time I think.

It's probably a good idea to go back and look at the first ones you finish again and tweak before releasing them all together.

I try to be less stressed as possible, and let creativity flow. Whenever I force myself to do something I come out more or less with nothing, so it's very hard for me to work on more than one track at the same time... Sometimes I just throw down ideas, and maybe I come out with one song by melting together some ideas that blend together in the right way!
If everything is allright I try to focus on my personal idea of sound, and work on mixing one track until I think "allright, I don't think I can make anything else here" or at least "there's nothing here that bother me"!

I hate to sound unpro here... But i get drunk and lay some ideas down then go back and clean everything up sober. I do this 3 times weekly and put the darker dnb vibes in a folder... the rubbish ones in a folder.... and the glitchy IDM ones in you guessed it... another folder then ill look at all the silly ideas ive had for releases and choose one that fits. Send for master

I try to be less stressed as possible, and let creativity flow. Whenever I force myself to do something I come out more or less with nothing, so it's very hard for me to work on more than one track at the same time... Sometimes I just throw down ideas, and maybe I come out with one song by melting together some ideas that blend together in the right way!
If everything is allright I try to focus on my personal idea of sound, and work on mixing one track until I think "allright, I don't think I can make anything else here" or at least "there's nothing here that bother me"!

Yeh definitely this. Working on more than one track at a time can get messy/stressful/confusing. Like Sentierum said, let the creativity flow and not apply too much pressure on yourself. Although having said that, a drop from one tune can work much better on the intro to another so it's worth keeping an eye on!

Just do your thing, make your tracks and if they sound good together, then treat them as a whole EP/LP. Remember that all of them need to sound fairly close in terms of volume and lows/mids/highs balance before mastering.

I've done several albums – why? Because I've found that deciding to work on an album really opens up your creativity.
As opposed to working on a single release where the tracks really have to bang, you'll get to explore of what's inside of you musically, where you may not go otherwise.
Think about Grooverider's Mysteries Of Funk album, for example.

Also, I think that album should ideally be written within a certain time as opposed to just putting together a compilation of songs from several years. It'll be a good snapshot of where you were musically at that certain point.

Back
Top Bottom