DnB work in progress. Why the drop doesn't roll?

it's because you've left the atmosphere in the main body or drop as you call it, for this style of drum and bass the main body should be clean but the atmosphere is stopping that, only have it in the intro and it should 'roll' better

Thanks a lot.
I've tryied your advice and done some more edit on the drums.
Now the file on SC it's updated.
Could be the pattern between the kick/snare and the high drums that doesn't make rolling properly????

it could be yeh, i think your track is sounding better, maybe there should be a bit more build up in the intro to contrast with the main body

the drumpattern isn't really a rolling pattern.
I think the track is pretty great right now, not as a roller but as a different tune.
You could experiment with some other drumpattern to make it roll more because this pattern is too breaky.
then you could also cut the edge of the snare off a little bit to make it more snappy.

cheers bulletstorm.
Yeah, today i'll try to work in a different pattern.
What do you exactly mean for making the snare more snappy??
I dont want to get into the risk to make the snare sounding from the box... (if you know what I mean)

i like the bits where it does actually roll more..like just after the first drop, i like all the sounds but too many edits for my liking. reminds me of an inside info tune (in a good way)

Back
Top Bottom