work in progress .. need some advise

maschinistom

VIP Junglist
i'm kind a stuck with this track after 3 weeks .. could let me know what you think?
i'm mostly looking for advise on arrangement .. is it balanced enough or does it need more variations?
should i add or delete some of the vocal hooks? does it need more rhythmic variations? is the break too long?
regarding sound .. everything in line? bass freq. too prominent? master sound OK or too compressed?
any feedback welcome .. thanks.

link (copy&paste in browser): https://soundcloud.com/user-25280988/work-in-progress/s-NtKOy

Hey man!

Liking the glitchy drums here right up my street... And the pads pretty lush too. Nice and melodic uplifting feel... but moving back to the sounds at the star without keeping the pad element or a variation of it doesnt work... Use that pad melody for the bass/lead or soemthing... Or (what id do) since the track has a minimal feel drop the amen type drums completely that come in with the pad. Use the pad sounds throughout the song intrestingly like drop all drums and bass and throw the pad in for half a bar then back to normal. Id also like to hear some variation on the bass think about more midrange sound on that bass id say... other than that i like the sounds your using. Nice job.

I like it, but for my taste drums on 1:20 are a too much drowned in reverb and I would have loved if the section in 2:14 started in double tempo with a more aggressive beat, and try to cool down later!

Try maybe to consider the song until 2:14 like an extended intro and build up a powerful main section!

Hey man!

Liking the glitchy drums here right up my street... And the pads pretty lush too. Nice and melodic uplifting feel... but moving back to the sounds at the star without keeping the pad element or a variation of it doesnt work... Use that pad melody for the bass/lead or soemthing... Or (what id do) since the track has a minimal feel drop the amen type drums completely that come in with the pad. Use the pad sounds throughout the song intrestingly like drop all drums and bass and throw the pad in for half a bar then back to normal. Id also like to hear some variation on the bass think about more midrange sound on that bass id say... other than that i like the sounds your using. Nice job.

thanks manuforti. i'm surprised and much appreciate your feedback.
is the track to quite and low in volume in general? should I go on making it louder (on the risk of losing clear/deepness in sound?).
i will look into your pad and mid-bass suggestions, sound like an interesting variations, not sure i'm able to do that. will try. :2thumbs:

I like it, but for my taste drums on 1:20 are a too much drowned in reverb and I would have loved if the section in 2:14 started in double tempo with a more aggressive beat, and try to cool down later!
Try maybe to consider the song until 2:14 like an extended intro and build up a powerful main section!

thanks a lot sentierum. i listened to it again, now i see what you mean.
interesting idea to use the break as extended intro and built more main parts. will look into that (y)
yes, way too much reverb on the jungle breaks .. from 1:20

thanks JANEK. i don't know Todd's Terje.. who is this?
what do u think of my track "TweakyTokyoTango" (see forum thread)?

and .. thanks for the todd terje link :D
reminds me of my younger days, i can't believe we listened to that kind of music all day long back then ;)

Back
Top Bottom