Work in progress - ARTFX Hard Banging DNB Concept

ARTFX

Artist, sound designer and tutor
VIP Junglist
Hey guys, check it out.
I've been working with Reason now for about a week, and started with some nice Drum & Bass.
It's a pretty banging one too. Quite done with the basis, filling up the spaces right now but wanted to give you guys a preview and see the responses.

if you like, give me some tips or advice.
I'll apreciate it.

Peace!

*[EDIT] NEW VERSION: http://soundcloud.com/artifexstudios/artfx-sneakyhill

Last edited:
There aren't many people responding here huh?

I'm fairly new to this forum myself, but it seems the more you give, the more you get. That is why I've been trying to listen to a few each night and give feedback. We're all trying to get better, so why not help each other, right?

Drums sound good, bass sounds good. Just didn't seem to gel together? first impressions.

Well I post feedback on this forum too, but never saw one of those in one of my topics.
And yes, it can be that it doesn't fits together yet, it's a rough sketch.

Just wanted to know what you guys think of it at this state.

the beat doesnt sound so good before the drop but everything else is sweet, really cool reece action, id like a more pronounced sound to it though, more violent mids and tops on the reece.

I like what you've done with the bass, it's got a lot of nice movement to it. I think the drum work could've done with being a little "punchier" if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the advice guys, since I've spend more time on the bass then on the drums, I was still working on filling up and mastering the drums.
Of course the final mastering still needs to be done when I'm finished with the track, in this I will bring some parts more to the front or back.

not bad man, think everything sounds good, but the melody on the bassline sounds a bit happy maybe not evil enough!! bass sounds pretty sick though, im tryin tto tame thor also, amazing some of the results u can get from it!!
drums and everything sound crisp just not keen on the melody! the drop at 2:40 sounds a lot better!!!

nice twisting bass, plenty of automation on that filter :) how we like it!!, the beats are pretty solid and its quite a good tune, theres just something that doesnt quite grab me about it, i dunno what that is, just personal preference i guess, its defo one to stick at though!!
that 2nd drop is mean!!

Thanks again peeps. So I'm getting better at this, that's nice to hear.
Working on two more Drum & Bass tracks which I'll be sending to some record labels as a demo together with this one. :D

So more tips are always welcome!

Back
Top Bottom