Word up

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DJ Elite, Oct 5, 2009.

1. DJ Elite

DJ Elite New Member

Whats goin on everyone? Hip Hop Beatmaker/turntablist here. I love jungle and drum n bass. Have been listening to dnb since I first heard Inner City Life back in the early mid 90's. Im from Detroit MI USA. My city is considered by some to be the home of techno. Techno artist like Jeff Mills, Carl Craig, Kevin Saunderson, Richie Hawton are from this area. DNB in sot so big here but Im starting to see more people take interest and more DNB events come up. Hopefully the scene will grow here and Im trying to be involved with it as a dj and producer. I just started producing dnb and am really enjoying it. I will be posting tracks up, so let me know what you guys think. Peace.

2. fastfret

fastfret Member

nice one. What's the main style of drum n bass that makes the events where you are?

3. DJ Elite

DJ Elite New Member

Thanks. I dont think that there is really one main style of DNB that makes events here. Like I said, the scene in Detroit is pretty small compared to the techno/house scene. At one venue here you can hear everything from hardcore dnb to liquid, old school and new school and everything inbetween. I was at a dnb party last Friday here in Detroit and thats how it was. Im sure if the scene gets bigger then different styles will branch off into different events.

4. Gr1pz

Gr1pz Aka - Align.

Welcome man