Won't budge in the dark

Smickus

VIP Junglist

Just a short one this time, on the fly so a couple of slips. Letting the tunes roll out...

01 - Dialogue - Won't Budge
02 - Spectrasoul - Light In The Dark
03 - Alix Perez, Rockwell & Spectrasoul - Montpellier
04 - Mark System - Love Dub
05 - Dub Phizix - Rainy City Music
06 - Kodo - Coconut Dub
07 - Charli XCX - You're The One (Dub Phizix Remix)
08 - Commix - Rack It
09 - D-Bridge - 5th Floor
10 - DJ Marky & S.P.Y. - Yellow Shoes (Calibre Remix)
11 - Alix Perez - State 808
12 - Spectrasoul - Away With Me (Calibre Remix)
13 - D-Bridge - Inner Disbelief

Last edited:
WHAT A RIDE !! what a mix !!
from start to finish was just a pleasure to listen to, some newer bits, few older ones, blends, cuts, mixes were all bob on
the bits around 07 - Charli XCX - You're The One (Dub Phizix Remix) were lush, need to buy that tune, but at the same time dont wanna cause il rinse it !
9/10 from me man

WHAT A RIDE !! what a mix !!
from start to finish was just a pleasure to listen to, some newer bits, few older ones, blends, cuts, mixes were all bob on
the bits around 07 - Charli XCX - You're The One (Dub Phizix Remix) were lush, need to buy that tune, but at the same time dont wanna cause il rinse it !
9/10 from me man

nice one dude! yeah that remix is pretty big, haven't found that many tunes that sound good with it though. cheers for the feedback! :)

Varied selection Smick. Had to wait time for Light In The Dark to mix into Won't Budge. Try bringing the second tune in after 64 bars from the first drop. Won't Budge' volume was eased down when Light In The Dark came in for the double drop, but could have been kept at a similar level. Or try double dropping the first mix from the first drop. Montpelier rolled well in the second half of LITD, but was cut at the drop. Could have kept the mix in for a more fluid blend. Vocals of Love Dub sat well with the vocal of Montpelier when they were still in, but felt Love Dub could have been a smidge louder when that came in. Rainy City Music eased in well & complimented Love Dub well through the intro & through the drop. Coconut Dub came in to compliment Rainy City Music & worked wonders to the drop, which was switched, bringing some slightly tribal step vibes. You're The One rmx's vocals start whispering in through the partial menacing breakdown of Coconut Dub, keeping the bouncey flow going in the mix. Completely up my street the last mix & my favourite so far :)

More whispered vocals in the breakdown of Charli XCX's rmx sound wicked before Rack It starts to build, with its drums stepping in & out of You're The One rmx's Dub Phizix essence. Not heard Rack It before & made for another wicked blend. 5th Floor twists up the energy levels, bring the pacey high end through the intro- letting the bass take hold. Yellow Shoes rmx starts easing in from the breakdown in 5th Floor, builds well, a little clang at the drop, but is soon amended to sit well with dBridge's tune before the former is eased out. State 808 builds well through Yellow Shoes rmx & drops to sit nicely with Calibre's rmx. Liked the little cut in there, very clean. Away With Me rmx begins to build from the second half of State 808 & makes for a pleasant mix on the ears, as per the previous Alix Perez - Calibre rmx blend. Bringing Inner Disbelief in under the radar to build from the breakdown of Away With Me rmx was a nice touch, letting the listener remember the memorable piano in Inner Disbelief's intro, before that continues in the main tune. Should have let the mix roll out instead of cutting the last mix, for the last tune, but it worked fine. Maybe just personal preference.

The ride way quite nice. Tunes to minutes ratio was slightly low, but flowed through. Would ideally expect to hear approximately 13 tunes in a 34 minute mix / 16 tunes in a 43 minute mix. Try keeping more tunes in at the drop, instead of switching them, as they would have sounded nice with the tunes before. Few nice blends in there hit the nail on the head.... the Coconut Dub - You're The One rmx - Rack It being my favourite. Also try keeping mixes in for longer than 64 bars in some instances if you are feeling the mix. Other heads have mentioned to me to try that, as I used to stick to 64 bar mixes & it broadens your horizons a bit.

Varied selection Smick. Had to wait time for Light In The Dark to mix into Won't Budge. Try bringing the second tune in after 64 bars from the first drop. Won't Budge' volume was eased down when Light In The Dark came in for the double drop, but could have been kept at a similar level. Or try double dropping the first mix from the first drop. Montpelier rolled well in the second half of LITD, but was cut at the drop. Could have kept the mix in for a more fluid blend. Vocals of Love Dub sat well with the vocal of Montpelier when they were still in, but felt Love Dub could have been a smidge louder when that came in. Rainy City Music eased in well & complimented Love Dub well through the intro & through the drop. Coconut Dub came in to compliment Rainy City Music & worked wonders to the drop, which was switched, bringing some slightly tribal step vibes. You're The One rmx's vocals start whispering in through the partial menacing breakdown of Coconut Dub, keeping the bouncey flow going in the mix. Completely up my street the last mix & my favourite so far :)

More whispered vocals in the breakdown of Charli XCX's rmx sound wicked before Rack It starts to build, with its drums stepping in & out of You're The One rmx's Dub Phizix essence. Not heard Rack It before & made for another wicked blend. 5th Floor twists up the energy levels, bring the pacey high end through the intro- letting the bass take hold. Yellow Shoes rmx starts easing in from the breakdown in 5th Floor, builds well, a little clang at the drop, but is soon amended to sit well with dBridge's tune before the former is eased out. State 808 builds well through Yellow Shoes rmx & drops to sit nicely with Calibre's rmx. Liked the little cut in there, very clean. Away With Me rmx begins to build from the second half of State 808 & makes for a pleasant mix on the ears, as per the previous Alix Perez - Calibre rmx blend. Bringing Inner Disbelief in under the radar to build from the breakdown of Away With Me rmx was a nice touch, letting the listener remember the memorable piano in Inner Disbelief's intro, before that continues in the main tune. Should have let the mix roll out instead of cutting the last mix, for the last tune, but it worked fine. Maybe just personal preference.

The ride way quite nice. Tunes to minutes ratio was slightly low, but flowed through. Would ideally expect to hear approximately 13 tunes in a 34 minute mix / 16 tunes in a 43 minute mix. Try keeping more tunes in at the drop, instead of switching them, as they would have sounded nice with the tunes before. Few nice blends in there hit the nail on the head.... the Coconut Dub - You're The One rmx - Rack It being my favourite. Also try keeping mixes in for longer than 64 bars in some instances if you are feeling the mix. Other heads have mentioned to me to try that, as I used to stick to 64 bar mixes & it broadens your horizons a bit.
Cheers bro! Just looking at the soundwave you can see that the mark system track was too quiet, should have listened for that one really. the light in the dark vocals come in again when montpellier's vocals come in so i took the tune out so they didn't clash.

nice advice there mate! Cheers. I'm trying to step away from the double drop mixes as they become too obvious and predictable, enjoying the nice flowy mixing style and mixing after the second drop.

as always your feedback is top notch and most appreciated dude! cheers!

Back
Top Bottom