Wondering if i could get a little help.

Discussion in 'Production' started by BassLion, Jun 5, 2012.

1. BassLion

BassLion Member

Hey guys my name is tyche, ive just started teaching myself how to make beats. mainly by just messing around with reason.
    anyway an idea popped into my head and i went into reason 5 and started to create the sound i wanted.
    i managed to get the sound i wanted in the maelstrom synth but everytime the LFO triggers it makes some awefull squeeking sound and i have no idea what it is.
    i was wondering if anyone could help me fix this?.

heres the link to the RNS file: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bys8FoA8cScrRlo4QUJPelh5bVk
    if someone could help me fix this it would be grand!

EDIT: USE THIS LINK! http://www.filefactory.com/file/5qc48fm7cagt/n/TycheDubstep.rns

Tyche.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. DaftFader

DaftFader The Bass Too Dark

That link just come's up with an advert for some google shit for me.

3. BassLion

BassLion Member

really? shit, ill upload it somewhere else.

4. Prideinyouride

Prideinyouride Member

Dead link for me. Soundcloud it.

5. DaftFader

I don't use the DAW you do btw, I just noticed it was a .RNS. I was expecting a .WAV when I went to download it. I'll probably not be as much help compared to someone with reason.

Actually I do have reason, but I'm no expert at the synths in it, so can't promise anything.

6. BassLion

BassLion Member

any help is better than none. but its probably something so simple and im just being a dumbass lol

7. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I did not check out the link. However, load your sound with no LfO programming in Malestrom. Connect malestrome to envelope controller, then place thor UNCONNECTED underneath the envelope controller. Press shift(look at the back) and connect LFO 2 to cv connection to the frequency controller on the envelope controller. Remember with reason you can always use other synths to control other synths. Also if you want to start splitting your frequencies this is a great process because thor has four cv outputs plus the lfo 2 cv output. Hope this helps. If you need me to be more detailed just say so and I can walk you thru this.

I also want it noted that neomind and marlok both are very good producers and they use Reason I think. Try calling them out by name and they could be more helpful.

8. BassLion

BassLion Member

cheers man, ill have a bash at that. but ive only recently just started taking music production seriously and it might take me a while to acclimatised. ive got the ideas, just need to learn the technical aspects. :D

EDIT: just done as you said, you are a gentleman and a scholar. still though what maelstrom was doing is going to bug me :/

9. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Sometimes, Reason can be fickle. Once you learn there is multiple ways to do something you soon will learn that the easy way is sometimes not the best way.

10. BassLion

BassLion Member

i think ill buy a nice big book that will tell me the ins and outs of reason. but Ive just gotta say my bassline sounds sick. ill upload a clip to soundcloud when ive sorted out the drum beat. <3. thanks again for your help. =D

11. DaftFader

IMHO reason it too limited, very functional but not boundary breaking. The rewire aspect makes it useable in any situation, but on it's own, for me, it's not the one.

I know many a successful producer have used it to make professional, quality tunes and released them, but I always end up drawing a blank when I try to push it "too far" when using it.

12. BassLion

BassLion Member

yeh man, wouldent mind having reason rewired into logic. that way i could use massive vst if needed. and that is awesome.

13. DaftFader

I made a tune with it rewired into cubase a good while ago, too much hassle for something I could achieve without having to bother.

^^ That's the tune, Bass and squeaky synth are from reason. Nothing I couldn't of done in cubase (or any other DAW) with one of the synths I normally use. Tune's horribly mixed (pretty old tune).

14. BassLion

BassLion Member

thats sounds pretty good man. anyway this is what i made in the end if you interested. http://soundcloud.com/projecttyche/dubstep-bassline-test/s-WmidV

15. DaftFader

16. BassLion

BassLion Member

yeh the LFO in maelstrom was being daft. that little trick you told me sorted it right out :p

17. DaftFader

18. BassLion

BassLion Member

ahh cool man, your the second person thats done that. now im collaborating with some dude from the US lol.

19. DaftFader

I'm not surprised, it's a really nice bass line. Simple, but has some very pleasing harmonic tones in it. You got some good idea's. ;)