Woman fined $ 1.9 Million for downloading 23 Mp3s. CNN .

Fortune^

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
VIP Junglist
I think it's limewire they get you with. She was probably downloading 23 of the songs from the chart or something equally as stupid.

If you use reasonable precautions you're fine. You can get away with it if you say you downloaded it from megaupload etc as it's for sampling purposes and you were going to delete it after 3 days or whatever it is.

Riisu

Not the Preacher Man
VIP Junglist
not really proportinate for 23 songs, isit?
it's all well and good making an example out of someone.
but if they bring someone else to court for downloading 230 songs, that should warrent a higher fine? where does it end????

mental (n)

ali^

Bigtingsagwarn
VIP Junglist
Yeah i think Limewire is easiest trackable. Rapidshare and the like are nion impossible to track... apart from if you download of an account you pay for, but still i dont think they can find you easy at all. Stupid making her pay so much though

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
hmm thats a pointless fine..

who could actually pay 1mil? inless ur obv loaded
Imagine if you just won 1.9 million in the lottery that got caught with a few illegal mp3s lol.

that would be my luck to be honest.
im gunna delete any illegalmp3s i own when i start doing the lottery lol.

Nonetheless downloading Illegal MP3's is bad, but people think nothing of it they just do it.
I regularly see people writing 'download 'this' song'' in their facebook status's rather than 'buy this album' or whatever.
I admit I used to download Illegal MP3s all the time when I was younger but I didnt have a clue or really care back then. Now I know the effects it can have on an artist and genre.
I Heard that Nightwalker has quit producing Drum & Bass due to lack of money and has moved onto Hip Hop. I know a few people who have his tunes but they havent actually bought them. So yeah before you decide to illegally download a track just put yourself in the artists shoes.

JamesZero

aka Zero Beats
VIP Junglist
How can they even justify this though? Did someone just think fuck it how about 80 grand per track, that will do!

There are people out there doing far worse crimes than this and getting away with a few hours community service!

It's a fucked up world we live in some days.

D-Tektiv

VIP Junglist
It seems alot of people who get caught are the ones downloading mainstream music...so maybe the big record labels crack down more since they can afford a lawyer team to take on anyone, etc..who knows..I just have yet to see anyone busted for DLin' dnb/dubstep, etc...probably out there, but doesn't get the publicity like the mainstream stuff will...

DJError

AKA Error
VIP Junglist
over 90% of downloaded music is illegal think about how many people are downloading illegally. they were obviously trying to set an example and scare people because they know they cant stop everyone

Radius

Its all a scam so start stealing
VIP Junglist
Yeah i think Limewire is easiest trackable. Rapidshare and the like are nion impossible to track... apart from if you download of an account you pay for, but still i dont think they can find you easy at all. Stupid making her pay so much though
nigh on old chap nigh on:clown: