Wobbley knobs!!

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by IbbyDnB, May 4, 2011.

1. IbbyDnB

IbbyDnB Member

hey guys,

ive got a Behringer DJX 700 mixer and the bass knobs on the 2 channles i use for my turntabels are getting abit wobbley. I know this is my own fault for doing the typical jumpin about while im mixing and getting rough with it, but... is there anything i can do, to get them tight agen, that dosnt require too much technical knowlage?

cheers ibby!

2. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

probly just need to tighten the nuts, pull the plastic bit off, shuld come off very easy, and you should see the nut underneath clamping it to the mixers panel, fingers will keep it tightened for a little while, but a spanner or sumthing will tighten in better...carefull you dont over do it and break the connection underneath

3. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

when my knob is wobbly i think sexy thoughts and it stiffens right up my nuts also tighten some what

4. IbbyDnB

IbbyDnB Member

dose that meen your knob is always stiff... and your nuts are always some what tight?

and Nice one miszt! cant belive i didnt think of that, use to do that with the volume and tone knobs on my guitar back in my metal head days!!

EDIT: just realised the reason i didnt think of that is coz ive alredy tryed it and theres just a peg sticking out! cheers anyway though! Anyone else know of a way to remedy my knob problems?

5. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

thats behringer for ya lol probly just need to unscrew the top panel, and hopefully there will be another plate underneath it with the nuts...hopefully

6. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

i have a djx700 and i have unscrewed the topplate and there is nuffin underneath.lol
    every thing fell inside the mixer took me ages to get every thing back together

7. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

wtf lol! not even little plastic clips holding them in?? thats a piss take, i know they are cheap, but to skimp on nuts seems a bit...(trying to avoid saying nuts...)

8. hazdaman100

hazdaman100 Bum 'n Face

Cheap nasty product from Behringer basically!

9. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

yeah cheap and nasty but a decent alternative if ya skint and cant afford expensive and high profile innit.

10. hazdaman100

hazdaman100 Bum 'n Face

djing is an expensive hobby, gotta hit the ground running and dig deep. its only gunna cost you more in the long run going for the cheaper stuff

11. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser