(WIP) Untitled.....Thoughts?

Talk about an audio cocktease!

For a w.i.p., you've got a serious solid project on your hands. Perhaps at :48 add in a new break to give the drums/percussion a bit more momentum/drive?

Love that drone-esque bass sound, very heavy and errie vibe. What synth did you use to create that bass noise at about 1:30? I love it.

Overall, the track as a whole sounds very "thick," and I mean that in a good way.

Cheers.

Sounds really really nice man. Only thing is I dont know if it's just me but it sounded really quiet???? when I A/B it to another track

Really liked it, but I agree that you should maybe add a break at the end of a phrase or something like that to give the track that edge/movement. Bass sounds very lovely indeed though mate and the drums are different which I like :).

Cheers people.
Just checked the mix on a pair of decent monitors and its all over the place.
The lows need some serious work.
This track is going to be quite progressive and it won't have a standard structure but yeah.
I will upload the finished track when its done.
Will probably take about 6 months to finish though! lol

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

Talk about an audio cocktease!

For a w.i.p., you've got a serious solid project on your hands. Perhaps at :48 add in a new break to give the drums/percussion a bit more momentum/drive?

Love that drone-esque bass sound, very heavy and errie vibe. What synth did you use to create that bass noise at about 1:30? I love it.

Overall, the track as a whole sounds very "thick," and I mean that in a good way.

Cheers.

Thanks man.
I made the bass in the ES2 but I did lots of layering an I generally bounce down the sounds and work in audio.
From what I remember that bass consists of three layers which are then sent into a buss.
That buss is then sent into another which I have called bass master.
That is set to no output and have 4 aux sends which I use to split the sound into 4 bands so I can process each band individually.
Band 1 is 60HZ & below
Band 2 is +60 to 250hz I think.
Band 3 is 250hz to 2kHz
Band 4 is 2kHz to 20Khz

I ensure that Band 1 and 2 are MONO. I then send band 1 into another bus which is called SUB MASTER. I send all of my low end there just so I can keep ontop of it.
But yeah I can't really remember what I did FX wise. It was all done with Logic FX so I don't have any secret plug ins lol.
All of the synth sounds where made from scratch with sculpture and the ES2 then converted into audio.

Once I have finished a few tunes I might have a go at doing tutorials and shit.
Dunno if I'm good enough for that yet though lol.

Cheers people.
Just checked the mix on a pair of decent monitors and its all over the place.
The lows need some serious work.
This track is going to be quite progressive and it won't have a standard structure but yeah.
I will upload the finished track when its done.
Will probably take about 6 months to finish though! lol

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

Thanks man.
I made the bass in the ES2 but I did lots of layering an I generally bounce down the sounds and work in audio.
From what I remember that bass consists of three layers which are then sent into a buss.
That buss is then sent into another which I have called bass master.
That is set to no output and have 4 aux sends which I use to split the sound into 4 bands so I can process each band individually.
Band 1 is 60HZ & below
Band 2 is +60 to 250hz I think.
Band 3 is 250hz to 2kHz
Band 4 is 2kHz to 20Khz

I ensure that Band 1 and 2 are MONO. I then send band 1 into another bus which is called SUB MASTER. I send all of my low end there just so I can keep ontop of it.
But yeah I can't really remember what I did FX wise. It was all done with Logic FX so I don't have any secret plug ins lol.
All of the synth sounds where made from scratch with sculpture and the ES2 then converted into audio.

Once I have finished a few tunes I might have a go at doing tutorials and shit.
Dunno if I'm good enough for that yet though lol.

Nice one! I've become more fond of the ES2 as it seems to be a great catalyst for layering...yet I never knew it was capable of such nastiness. Time for some ES2 experimentation.

Your approach to band processing just gave me a bit of an "a-ha" moment...having Band 1 & 2 as mono channels makes perfect sense in terms of keeping the low end centered in the mix and is something I'm going to start doing now...and will scold myself for having not done before.

Cheers!

Nice one! I've become more fond of the ES2 as it seems to be a great catalyst for layering...yet I never knew it was capable of such nastiness. Time for some ES2 experimentation.

Your approach to band processing just gave me a bit of an "a-ha" moment...having Band 1 & 2 as mono channels makes perfect sense in terms of keeping the low end centered in the mix and is something I'm going to start doing now...and will scold myself for having not done before.

Cheers!

Its cool boss!

Doing lots of internal routing can help you achieve interesting results.
Glad I could help.

Back
Top Bottom