[WIP] Thinking of you - minimal DNB

chromey

a.k.a Impact
VIP Junglist
Something new from me thats currently WIP.
(This is just a sampler of the track to give a feel for the track..)

All feedback welcomed :wave:

NOTE: It's not mastered or EQ'd yet as I am still deciding the arrangement.

Mixdown03.mp3 - 4.21MB

Last edited:
Wow, A short clip of a wip that's not fully arranged yet.
The drums in the intro are cool. Is that your own construction from hits? Sounds good man.

I reckon you should build this one up a bit slower. Kinda jumps/jars from smooth jazz swing vibe drums to full on chick singing. Perhaps you could push her back in the mix with a heap of verb and bring her forward towards a drop? Also the quick repeating of the vocal phrases kinda hurries the build up. Leave a gap between them perhaps?

Dunno man. Liked the start (drums) and can see where you're going, just think the build-up needs work.

I made the sampler after one evening of listening to some new samples.
it was more of a tentative "do you think it's worth pursuing" post.
I know its WIP.. but I'm still at the stage where I need feedback to guide me (read:N00b)

the drums (all the drums) are from KJ sawka- edited/chopped up and rearranged slightly.

Yeah the phrasing/arrangement is still in flux. the vocals were more of a testbed to see if they fit. Points noted though and I like your idea about moving the vocal in and out of the mix near the drop/s...
will go and play some more with the phrasing.

the drums are kl, i swear ive got em actually are they from that sample swap site?? the vocals are slightly ' peek-a-boo' and by that i mean it comes out of no where! and the bass is literally just ripped from the icicle remix download pack.

is it suppose to be a remix of time to remember ??

er, never thought of it that way..
it uses the bass and 'breathing' from the Icicle pack yes.

the vocals were done as a timing/arrangement test rather than a finished element.

Back
Top Bottom