WIP help please (Blah)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Prideinyouride, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Prideinyouride

Prideinyouride Member

http://soundcloud.com/louisfrancis/blah-wip2-1/s-ICTRW

I havent posted in here for a while because my tunes were pants. Im starting to get to grips with the basics now.
    This is one of my current WIP but im hitting a wall on how to add some variation. Any comments welcome.

Thanks, Louis

2. Lucider

Lucider Member

Hey! It's very good! My only comment would be that weird rapidly phasing pad thing doesn't seem to go in the drop - maybe try chopping and tremoloing it instead of having just constant at the drop - I really like it once the pad clears out.

Little distorted amen break is cool, could be louder.

Ah, having second thoughts on my comment about the pad, goes nicely on the second drop (even though it's the same, lol) oh well

Love how loud the kick and snare are...the hats and other business *may* be able to come up just a little or *maybe* lower the HPF on the cymbals ever so slightly.

3. Prideinyouride

Prideinyouride Member

Cheers mate. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Appreciate the reply. I'll have a tickle with the pad try and mix slightly after the drop. The break was harsher but I compressed and HP the granny out of it cos it would have taken your head off how it was. Thanks mate I'll have another pop at it later.