WIP - Fabric

Boooke

Hey. I'm very new at producing. I finally thought I had something going when I first started on this. However, I really feel it needs a lot more "background" noise, much like a muddy synthesizer or something like that. But I'm not sure how to make it fit. I would really appreciate some feedback, good and bad :)

http://soundcloud.com/boooke/fabricv2

Regards,
Boooke

EDIT: Changed some bits if anyone is interested in commenting. Would really like some feedback on the levels of the mix, thank you :)

Last edited:
Yoo. I think the levels of this track are totally out of control. For your background sounds, you can add fx, pads, strings, stabs, samples, whatever. Just make they fit your track. I think a dark, dreamy, mysterious atmosphere fits the best in your track here. Also check out some tuts on youtube to learn about the buildup of a track. You'll get there!

yeah man - with regards to levels, you want to bring everything down. Serious style. Solo the drums and start with kick, then snare, then do your percussion. Try panning hats etc left or right to create more space in the middle of the track for the bass, the kcik and the snare.

Once you've brought all your levels down and you loose that kinda overcrowded distortion thing that continues throughout the song , then you can look at it as a whole and decide what other "bakground" noise ou want to add. Remember you want the final output f the track to be around 0db so keep it low and turn your speakers up. What software are you using, out of curisity.

Awesome. I'm not sure concerning the levels. I think the intro synthesizer starts out too harsh and I've already decreased it and made it little different, but how the remaining is to be changed is still kinda of troubling me, but I agree. It's not meant to be pretty, so I hope to have some kind of repetitive thing going on, changing a little bit just to make sure it won't get too boring. The distortion is made on purpose if you wonder. But if the distortion is too much in general maybe I should hear it through again ;)

I am already trying some stuff and changing the buildup. Thanks for the hints :)

Oh, and I am using Reason for this on a laptop.

I think the distortion is a little overkill to the point where its masking other elements of the track up, bring it back a little. I like the drums, can imagine a fat sub and some twisted bassline kicking in after that intro synth. Maybe you could also make it so the hats aren't snapped to the grid, so theyre a little off the beat to give it a more human like feel to me the hats feel very static at the mo.

Well, right after I uploaded, right now actually (Takes up to an hour due to my internet being very crappy at the moment), I started playing around with some syncopation and I'm gonna add some other kinds of crashes, too, I think. The synthesizer is still being made up ;)

Regards,
Boooke

EDIT: Made a second version, but uploading took too long, so I cancelled it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom