Drum & Bass winter eclipse (wip)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by DubandBass, Jan 9, 2013.

1. DubandBass

DubandBass New Member

2. ljk32

ljk32 New Member

Hey man, this track is not bad, but it gets pretty damn repetitive, since there are like no changes throughout the track. I'd say shorten it to only like two main parts, and add some more variation in the second drop and build-up. Your drums are a bit hidden in the mix, particularly the kick - whether that's a mixdown issue, or just the sound of the kick, I'm not sure, but I'd change the kick personally. It's lacking that punch that I feel it should have. The mixdown also sounds a little rusty and clustered, I think more space needs to be made for your instruments so they can all be heard clearly and not become hidden once everything plays together. Also, you need to fix the transitions in this track. For example, at 1:22, the listeners will have no idea that's about to happen(unless they are looking at Soundcloud the whole time, which isn't what you should want), and it may be off-putting, it was for me. In your breakdowns, maybe filtering the drums will be a better idea - it'll give the drop a little more punch. The concept of this track isn't bad, it's just the finer details you need to fix up, that arp is actually pretty cool. Good work man, hope this helps a little.

3. DubandBass

DubandBass New Member

This helps a lot :] its good to see someone that offers criticism in such a nice tone! Most people are asshats when it comes to criticism so +1 :p Also I am working on the second drop (probably going to add a nice synth in there with a melody ive been thinking of) to get rid of some of the repetitiveness.

4. ljk32

ljk32 New Member

No worries dude, I always try to help when I can :).