wingz - Shake Off The Cold

wingz

everyones fav austrian
VIP Junglist
heya, been some time since my last mix, thought why not do a new one for the end of the year so here it is

Tracklisting:

Friction & K-Tee - Set It Off (Icicle Remix)
Mortem - Iceberg
Alix Perez - Exemption
FD - Break & Enter
>> Icicle - Minimal Funk
Alix Perez & Noisia - Loose Ends
Audio - Point Of No Return
Noisia & Alix Perez - Underprint
LSB - This City
>> Enei - Thin Line
Mefjus - Far Too Close
Enei & Eastcolours - 2012
Amoss - Rollpipe
L 33 - Tracer
Stray - Saturday
Rockwell - Stay Calm
L 33 - Ironic
Semantics - Too Close
Optiv & BTK - Whatever (Mefjus Remix)
>> Enei & Eastcolours - Cracker VIP
Andain - Much Too Much (Rido Remix)
>> Future Cut - Obsession (Ulterior Motive Remix)

you know the drill :lol: xoxo

aww first comment! big ups man! just recently listened to your mix from the tongue flap podcast again, it's still so good (y)

Rockwell - Stay Calm
L 33 - Ironic

that part was soo good - these 2 really fit perfectly together. like the more minimal tech part, but i think you brought in tracer too suddenly (my opinion)...i mean the transition from more pacey tech to more minimalistic stuff. perhaps a few tunes before tracer to make the transition a bit smoother if ya know what i mean :)

i actually liked the second part of the mix even more, altough the first one was sick. yea the second one was a bit more original/imaginative. liked the rido remix, never heard it before. not sure about the obsession remix. it kinda fits and then it kinda doesn't. perhaps if you'd eq'd the much too much and obsession the other way around so obsession would've been the "main" tune. if you knwo what i mean :)

my 2 cents. liked the mix. but why only 36 minutes?

i was being a bit lazy ^^. thought about waiting till monday to cope crit x for some more mixes but then i didn't want to. about obsession, i kinda like it more that way. gives it a modern techier touch, also the other way around the halftime buildup would clash with the vocals of obsession. about tracer, yeah i agree kinda, it's a bit too rushed, i'll definately keep that in mind next time.

thanks for taking the time to listen and feedback, greatly appreciated (y). i would rep you but i have to spread around a bit more :<

Okay Markus, this mix is just off the hook. I actually like it's being a bit shorter because it pretty much rolls nonstop from the start to the very end. Opening mix is wicked, loving Iceberg, such a tune! Up to Tracer it's one banger after another, really high energy in the transitions, too. Liking them mixes with Break & Enter, you've pretty much nailed those and Far Too Close > 2012 is just unbeatable. I don't really mind the sudden jump into clicky stuff either, it was executed pretty cool me thinks. That part itself is probably my favourite section of the mix, everything works so well together, nasty stuff! Then it picks up the pace again up to the killer combo of Whatever RMX >> Cracker VIP, another big mix right there and the closing is fucking ace. Really love that Rido RMX of Much Too Much and it works so well in contrast with those roaring sounds of Obsession RMX. Great mix indeed, jump on this one folks! :)

As mentioned before, saw you'd uploaded the mix over the weekend, but wanted to listen through & reply with some feedback in one.

The first mix was excellent. Wasn't expecting Iceberg to come in where it did. Pure quality & track selection for the opening mix, both tunes complimenting each other a treat & the eq'ing was exceptional, sounded as if I was listening in a studio, even though I was listening on half decent computer speakers. Exemption came in well, keeping the energetic flow going. Pace steps in for Break & Enter roll nice off the back of Exemption. Minimal Funk teased in well to Break & Enter, with some of the funk in Break & Enter filling in the bars of Minimal Funk where that naturally eases off in the 2nd 32 bars. Loose Ends came in fairly aggressively to the rolling flow of proceedings so far. Sounded alright, just a bit in-your-face. The breakdown in Loose Ends set up the vocal intro of Point Of No Return. Not too fond of the hook in PONR, but worked in the neuro-funky essence of the mix & jelled nicely with Underprint when the electro pads of that peaked through into the mix + This City also built nicely from the down turn in Underprint. Some very swift mixing the last 3-4 tunes & through this part + the Thin Line - This City is wicked. Completely twists This City from what it is, into a slightly darker affair. Love This City & respect for including it in your mix. Just wish they'd pressed it to vinyl + even more cudo's for This City - Far Too Close. The ticky ticky of This City complimenting the relentless roll of Far Too Close :) Easily my favourite mix of the whole ride, as they are up there with my favourite tunes of the year.

Intro of 2012 peaks in well, then back in with FTC. 2012's bass filling in where the relentless part of FTC eases off. Also love 2012 :) intro hooks of Rollpipe also do the trick where they are, works well with 2012 & levels sound nice. Not heard Tracer before & really like it. The percussion in that is second to none, leading up to more percussion based business in Saturday. Must start mixing that again some more. Love the way that tune ticks away with the little bleep hook on the end of the bar + keeping Tracer going is a really wicked touch. Those 2 tunes go SO well together. Choice selection right there :) Stay Calm builds well where it is, but came in half way through a 32 bar loop, slightly different to the structure of every mix before, but you could blink & miss it man. Ironic also works really well with Stay Calm. You pick tunes that go really well together man. Not heard Semantics either & the spacey bass in that was pleasing on the ear when that came in. Whatever rmx - Cracker vip was epic & took me by surprise! Such a good mix, loved it, just would have liked to hear a smidge more of it :D even for a tease. Vocals of Much To Much were a pleasant surprise & sounded nice, Obsession rmx felt a little pacey on the end, but kinda worked where it is & with not much to listen to off the intro of that tune.

Thoroughly enjoyed this mix even though its 36 mins. Also a really high tunes to minutes ratio, which is always good (although don't substitute quantity for quality) Packed in a lot of quality, and as mentioned you have an ear for mixes that work where the tunes compliment each other. Hope you keep in that part for you next mix man.

Wow for the watcha's comment ! I ejoyed the mix alot and it suits perfectly in this shitty dark finnish weather =) Especially i liked the working with EQ! Nice one.

Back
Top Bottom