wingz - Drum&BassArena & Pioneer DJ Competition 2013

Discussion in 'Members Mixes' started by wingz, Feb 4, 2013.

1. wingz

wingz everyones fav austrian

hey, heres my entry for the comp, enjoy :)

Tracklisting:

Alix Perez - Self Control
    >> Phace & Noisia - Micro Organism
    Hybris - The Cleaner VIP
    Mono - La'more
    Jubei & Kasra - The Rift
    Emperor - Contaminant
    Stealth & Stylus - One Way
    Calyx & Teebee - Elevate This Sound
    Hybris - Agent
    >>Clarity & Overlook - Chinatown
    Enei - Trainchaser
    >> Dub Phizix & Skittles - Creator
    Andy Pain & Z Connection - Outsider
    >> Enei, Eastcolors & Noel - Cracker VIP
    Maztek - Limber
    >> Fourward - Talk To Me
    June Miller - Snapcase
    Amoss feat. MC Fokus - Shapeshifter
    >> Spectrasoul Organiser

thanks for checking out

edit: i recommend downloading it, sounds much better quality wise

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    bn14 and Shatner's Bosom like this.
  2. danwell

danwell BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT

checking now mate

3. skwiffer

skwiffer Active Member

Nice. Will download when i'm at a computer. I've started planning something but not so sure how good it's gonna be...

4. wingz

cheers danwell and skwiffer.

and skwiffer, don't worry really. do your thing and if you feel it's good it is!

5. t345e

t345e Well-Known Member

listening now matey

wingz likes this.
  6. danwell

danwell BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT

had a listen, wicked mix man! good luck in the comp!

7. wingz

let me know what you think trev and cheers danwell :) gonna wait for your entry

8. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

on this Markus!

wingz likes this.
  9. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

yes wingz. looking good man.
    all the best for the comp.

wingz likes this.
  10. wingz

thanks stu and teddy, let me know what you think brahs

11. fuuz3r

fuuz3r KRISTJAN V

on the 25th minute mark - snapcase just came in...and wow. some super sharp beats and really clean mixing....but what happened with creator there mate? :D

just found out about that competition. think i'm gonna throw my cents in there as well....22 feb is the last time to enter i reckon...so i've got some time i hope.

12. Cordenator

Cordenator New Member

Got some serious competition wiv this mix man, loved every min of it!

Great intro, nice smooth switch from Contaminent > One Way, then Elevate this Sound goes so well wiv One Way. Then from Outsider to the end is just ridiculous!

Shame bout creator but thats minor man, keep up the gd work dude.

13. The Watcha

The Watcha Well-Known Member

Subtle hint to bump up the downloads :teeth:

Wicked intro with Self Control. That tune doesn't get played much / don't see it in tracklists much. Micro Organism complimented Self Control SO well, the percussion in both of them working a treat with one another. The Cleaner vip ticks in for the breakdown in Self Control for what turns out to be some epic steppy madness, tied in with another choice rhythmic percussion blend. Loved that little 3 tune section :) Not heard La'more before, which made for a nice listen, stepping well with what made The Cleaner vip the vip. Flavours of The Rift moved into La'more well before the central breakdown. Love The Rift & nice one for including it in your mix. The semi complex drum rolls of Contaminant roll effortlessly with dj friendly Rift. One Way makes its way into the ride for it to do the business on its own for a little, then Elevate This Sound talks its way on the mix. Even though I am not a fan of Elevate This Sound, the mix with One Way was quality... the more floaty bass of One Way riding on the more deeper bass of Elevate This Sound. Agent starts stepping its way into Elevate This Sound & even though I prefer Occult, the blend sounded suitable. Still waiting for Redeye to send my order of Occult & Say Nothin rmx. Come on Metalheadz, pull your finger out & release the vinyl of Say Nothing rmx!

Anticipating that Chinatown will work wonders, with a similar steppy vibe, the mix did not disappoint. Those two sitting well with each other, Chinatown not entirely pushing through in the mix, but you can tell its there for the switch & switch back. Trainchaser brings more rolling notes to the ride. Creator fades in under the radar till it is time for the drop, sitting well on top of Trainchaser. Outsider sounding nice in the tracklist. First members mix I have heard that in, straight into Cracker vip building, sitting very well in the mix, with elements of Outsider making themselves known all the time. Limber is in for the breakdown in Outsider, giving a fair chunk of the intro to build & bring in Talk To Me for full effect. Snapcase keeps the flavours of the last blend alive, with some electro hooked aggression growling with the bass in Limber to twist both hooks in & out of each other. Shapeshifter makes its way in for the breakdown of Snapcase for it to roll out on its own, giving enough time for Organizer to come in. Just a mild vocal clash with those two, but nothing major.

Some quality blends & sections in there, like the first 3 tunes, as mentioned previously, One Way - Elevate This Sound & Limber - Snapcase. Covered a few bases without straying from the deep & rolling dnb vibe. A nice short mix for mid day

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    wingz likes this.
  14. Fallen.GeMiNi

Fallen.GeMiNi 3rd rate banger merchant

Allright Markus, as much as I loved Shake Off The Cold, this one takes the cake as your best mix up to date. The progression in this mix is perfect, pretty much flawless tracklist and spot on mixing all combined together makes this a very strong entry for the competition. Lovely intro with Self Control & Micro Organism, both tunes bouncing off each other seamlessly, wicked clicky opener. Then The Cleaner VIP comes in, again works perfectly with Self Control. La'More takes the pace off that skipping beats in The Cleaner VIP and tightens up the flow of the mix. Never heard this tune before and it's wicked! The Rift finds its way into the mix easily, taking over the rolling business started with La'More and Contaminant following the same trend, those two work a treat together, well thought of that. One Way sits rather well in the mix right here, making a space for Elevate This Sound to come in, the best blend of the mix so far! Then a non-violent switch into the more subtle yet clicky Agent, with a perfect tease of Chinatown. But not much time to catch a breath, you tighten up the mix yet again with the wicked rolling Trainchaser. Need to start playing this tune, love the slightly minimal feel of the simple bassline powered up by those tiny percussion hits, what a vibe! Creator comes into the mix, bar that slip on the drop it sounds really wicked in the mix, you've definitely nailed the place where to drop it. Outsider has to be my favorite stepper lately, first time I'm hearing it in any of the members mixes, you've pretty much nailed the use of it there, building up the tension with teasing Cracker VIP into it. Nicely brought out of the mix to give Limber the time to take off and to cue up Talk To Me just in time to hit us with that disgusting face-melting bassline hook on the drop. Hats off for being able to get Snapcase in the mix like that, great mix with Limber, too, really funky. Shapeshifter coming in through the no-beat breakdown of Snapcase perfectly and look, here comes Organiser, wicked! Another highlight of the mix right here. All in all pretty much flawless mix as I've already said, probably my favourite entry for the competition I've heard so far, you're kicking my ass so badly lately mate! Good luck! :)

wingz likes this.
  15. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

Was going to leave some feedback but its been fully smashed here by the lads...

FG summed it up pretty well that this is probably your best mix to date.

Limber > Snapcase blend was top notch mate. & certainly a few tunes in here that i'm rocking myself. Love Agent it'll be in one of my next mixes, The Rift, Organiser...

:gun:

Will be peeping your next, keep up the good work, and good luck in this.
    My attempt for this comp will be up later :)

16. wingz

you guys.. :'D

17. randomfunkdj

randomfunkdj I've been naughty, I'm banned

fantastic mix for real, props to you sir!

18. wingz

for the weekend crew! bump

19. Danny_Intro

Danny_Intro Well-Known Member

First tune is quality, such a under-rated number, you got that blended with the next track so well, lovely opener
    Hybris rolling in after, fitted in great, and very tight, the sounds on the next track pierced through, again a really nice blend
    Just starting to pick up then The Rift comes in, love that track... OH MY GOD !! the next track just come outta no where !!
    Love how the vocal of that track ended as Elevate this Sound started, that was pretty smart..
    My mind started to wonder after that, so many great sounds and blends, obv got the vibes going
    Slight slip with Creator, but didnt ruin the mix, next track came in early and picked the pace up.. and its a f**king head banger !!
    Cracker creeping in sending me into a frenzy , Maztek brings the pressure , Snapcase is a tune ! then the outro was tasty, lil vocal track ends it on the high..
    great work !

wingz likes this.
  20. Dj PraaNah

Dj PraaNah New Member

fucking sick man looks like it could be hard to beat