Windows 8

ScottyEightSix

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
Anyone made the upgrade from 7?

My mates got it on his new laptop an keeps going on about how great it is but he knows fuck all about computers etc...

Applefags - I have no interest in buying an imac or using any other operating system

JamesZero

aka Zero Beats
VIP Junglist
It's alright, no start button tho, they have replaced it with this metro bullshit.

You can redownload the start button made by 3rd party companies, once you do that it's not really much different from 7. It's quick and hasn't crashed so far.

herojuana

hairy kuala
VIP Junglist
Not that I have it or have used it, but I wouldn't upgrade a laptop to it from 7 (although I would go to 7 from anything else) as you will be missing out on a lot of the touchscreen capabilities which make it awesome.

I think I may take the plunge and buy the surface pro when it comes out. Fucking expensive but it's a tablet that is faster than any computer I have ever owned and is just a general boss man piece of equipment

muzzadj

POW!
VIP Junglist
Ive got it on my desktop, literally only used it for about half hour though. My PC is more of an entertainment hub for when ive got mates over more than anything so all the games and apps and things are a great feature for me. Got my laptop for serious shit which I wont be upgrading to 8.

ScottyEightSix

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
It's alright, no start button tho, they have replaced it with this metro bullshit.

You can redownload the start button made by 3rd party companies, once you do that it's not really much different from 7. It's quick and hasn't crashed so far.
You can get the start button/old windows style back at the touch of button.

Mr G

Old Cunt From 19 Longtime
VIP Junglist
I got a brand new HP Sleekbook with Windows 8 the other day, it's not too bad.

Glad to have the desktop tile though.