windows 7

chrisxuk

I have the RTM x64, so at the moment I don't plan on buying it. Not because I have the RTM, but because my wireless adapter isn't compatible with WIN7 :( Will have to stick with XP x32 for the time being.

GZero

No fear no sound!
VIP Junglist
Win 7 is good, i've been replacing old Windows XP installs with 7 for a while now and they almost all run faster (once you've turned off all the aero shit)

chrisxuk

nice expensive service pack to Vista, which wasn't that great anyway...
In many respects, Windows 7 isn't a radical shift from Vista, but is more of an attempt to fix Vista's main flaws. It shares the same underlying architecture, and retains graphical touches like translucent Window borders. But it introduces some key new navigation and ease-of-use features, plus scores of small usability and performance improvements -- too many to list here

Harry3

Chuki
VIP Junglist
Its not as expensive as Vista was when it was first released and it may look similar but if you know anything about computers: W7 fixes Vistas absurd RAM-eating, general slowness, compatability problems, and the lack of control.

chrisxuk

Its not as expensive as Vista was when it was first released and it may look similar but if you know anything about computers: W7 fixes Vistas absurd RAM-eating, general slowness, compatability problems, and the lack of control.
Indeed, although Windows 7 may look similar to Vista it is far from being similar.