Windows 7 bass issues

Hood_e

Hey guys,

Running a 5.1 creative setup, X-fi extreme music card, tried every possible driver I could find (including creatives which apparently supports win7 but clearly doesn't), rechecked all cabling etc and still have no bass following an upgrade (downgrade?) to Win7. All other channels work fine however in windows setup it plays what should be the bass freq through the centre speaker. Any suggestions?

I'm looking at a Focusrite saffire 6 upgrade but was wondering if anyone has run into similar issues with this interface on their win7 systems?

hmm ok, you need to explain a bit better what the problem is...

also, 5.1 is not a good idea for production, unless you are writing 5.1 and understand surround sound

hopefully your setup will allow you to use 2.1, ie to full range speakers plus Sub, however, you probly do not want to have 3 output channels in your DAW, this can confuse various problems, anyways u need to explain better what the problem is....what do you mean by 'dont have any bass', your sub isnt working?

thank you for making realise how retarded I truly am :teeth: allow me to rephrase...

Windows 7 Ultimate Edition SP1
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4ghz
Gigabyte 965P-DS3P Intel P965 chipset
2 x 1gb ddr2 Kingston ram @ 333mhz
640mb Nvidia Geforce GTS 8800
Creative Soundblaster X-FI ExtremeMusic SB0460 soundcard Driver: 2.18.0015 Release date : 16 Feb 11
Creative Inspire P5800 5.1 speaker setup (http://asia.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=25&product=10596)
Onboard audio disabled

The problem -
When configured as 5.1 the Front, Surround and centre channels all respond with correct tone when tested through windows playback devices setup however when the subwoofer .1 channel is tested the tone is played through the centre channel which bottoms out at about 90hz (not ideal)

My point is I never had any problems running XP and apart from upgrading to the saffire 6 was contemplating a dual boot as I can't get any sound from my hackintosh install (which is currently on my 2nd hdd) either (but thats a whole different story).

...a few hours later...

so I thought Id see what it felt like to be smart and tried get my sub to work from my Asus Eee Pc running XP. As usual all speaker channels work but no sub. so could it be that my sub has gone the way house music should and died? it would be going on 4-5 years old now.

thanks for the help and yes i *was* dropped repeatedly on my head at birth so bare with me

so assuming my sub has died is it possible to split the front speaker channels from the sorround speaker channels (or centre/sub channel converted to stereo) into an a/b track configuration to allow me to make use of my headphones for lower bass freq's and mixing in ableton?

dont u just go into your speaker config and say you only have a 2.1 system as opposed to a 5.1?
Control panel - sounds - should be some speaker options in there somewhere.
Or - cant you just plug your headphones into the volume box from the 5.1 surround system ( i think there is a little box with volume on it for the creative 5.1 that u can plug headphones in).

theres a wired volume and bass control with a headphone input but it mutes the speaker output even if i haven't checked "automatically mute speakers" under headphone control. essentially i want to have the speaker output on channel A and cans on B so i can cue up DJ style. just wondering if thats possible from a single 5.1 card or if it requires seperate internal channels like interfaces with a/b switching

dont really have many options to offer, culd try running the sub off a dj mixer (volume very low, and eq out all the mid/top) to see if its really dead

i didnt read thread. are you saying your windows 7 stopped producing sound under a 100 hz?

technically it can do 95hz, but only if you have Service Pack 935

i tried running it off my asus laptop with realtek onboard sound in xp and still nothing. unfortunately i haven't got a dj mixer handy but will try it on a few other systems before pulling it to bits and pieces. good excuse to upgrade to monitors i guess. thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it

i tried running it off my asus laptop with realtek onboard sound in xp and still nothing. unfortunately i haven't got a dj mixer handy but will try it on a few other systems before pulling it to bits and pieces. good excuse to upgrade to monitors i guess. thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it

hell yeah! 5.1 is great for games n films, but monitors all the way for production

sorry to regurgitate this thread but it appears my sub starts working after varying periods of time but only at higher than usual volume levels as if its needing the extra voltage. would increasing my pc's core or peripherals voltage through bios rectify this? i dont have any experience overclocking and dont want to kill anything vital.

sorry to regurgitate this thread but it appears my sub starts working after varying periods of time but only at higher than usual volume levels as if its needing the extra voltage. would increasing my pc's core or peripherals voltage through bios rectify this? i dont have any experience overclocking and dont want to kill anything vital.
hmmm overclocking to get sound out of a sub??:fuckinpc:<-this might be a better option

to be honest m8 it sounds like your speakers are bust.
if they dont work right on 2 different systems - thats my best guess.
On a more positive note - this now gives you the chance to go buy some nice monitor speakers instead of a 5.1 system (which isnt as good for producing)
seeing as you got to buy new speakers anyway.

p.s. dont mess with the bios - trust me on that.

well it has me pickled and i'd like to retain the system for hi-fi referencing alongside my monitors as all the other 5 channels still work fine just not the sub unless i raise the volume and even then it seems to have a mind of its own. anywho, ordering some senny hd25's tonight and most likely an mpk29 to kick things off so that should shut me up for a while

Back
Top Bottom