Windows 7.0 for £30....

Naib

if you have been subjected to vista you might as well (it is an improvement over vista)
but if you have XP its a subjective decision

ArguS

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
VIP Junglist
Is it really worth it? Don't try and fix what's not broken an all that.. Vista is pretty shit but I don't see the point in spending 30 beans on somethin that MIGHT be even shitter..

herojuana

hairy kuala
VIP Junglist
Is it really worth it? Don't try and fix what's not broken an all that.. Vista is pretty shit but I don't see the point in spending 30 beans on somethin that MIGHT be even shitter..
it isn't as much of a memory hog as vista mate. that means that everything will be nice and quick... jjust what you want

unless you like waiting around for vista to get its arse into gear

muzzadj

POW!
VIP Junglist
Ordered, thanks for the heads up mate. Wanted to get Ultimate ideally but for an extra 30quid more i really didnt think it was worth it! Anything to get rid of my old vista extreme edition, the best vista there is and its still shit!

Harry3

Chuki
VIP Junglist
its been proved that W7 is miles better than vista in every way.

it should be a no brainer to upgrade from XP (as long as your PC can comfortably run W7) - as it is no longer supported by Microsoft, meaning no updates of any sort.

Im getting W7 free with my new PC :D

muzzadj

POW!
VIP Junglist
its been proved that W7 is miles better than vista in every way.

it should be a no brainer to upgrade from XP (as long as your PC can comfortably run W7) - as it is no longer supported by Microsoft, meaning no updates of any sort.

Im getting W7 free with my new PC :D
And it now has an XP mode which wasnt on the beta which im looking forward to seeing!

muzzadj

POW!
VIP Junglist

herojuana

hairy kuala
VIP Junglist
if you look at the microsoft website it will tell you all about the specifications of it, and the comparisons between the 3 versions (6 versions i guess if you count the 32 and 64 bit versions of each as seperate)

but thats the reason people are using windows 7, because it works quickly

i havnt installed it yet, but from everything i have heard its a hellova lot better than vista (i do computer science at uni, my course is full of people far too keen for that sort of thing)

NastyLimbCheat

VIP Junglist
just bought and installed this, why im up late, its pretty fucking awesome in my opinion, everything runs so much faster, looks amazing too, so more moar functional