Winamp replacement.

Castel

Well☣Known Mongoliod
VIP Junglist
what does everyone else used to play there mp3s?

winamp is really doing my head in, as its just plain shiteee!!

suggestions??

(not windows media player, which is also shiteee)

Castel

Well☣Known Mongoliod
VIP Junglist
VLC player looks too fancy.

all i want is a list of my tunes, play and stop buttons, thats it. kinda like winamp, lol

Riisu

Not the Preacher Man
VIP Junglist

all i want is a list of my tunes, play and stop buttons, thats it. kinda like winamp, lol
vlc is as basic as they come and you'll never need another player again. it goes e v e r y t h i n g.

Greg P

VIP Junglist
I use iTunes innit...

Nice and clear, easy to use, and has got a graphic eqaliser meaning you can alter the way it sounds e.g. boost the bass for mixes where it's a bit low, cut the treble of it's too high etc...

Can you download it for free these days?

DJHaze

I use iTunes innit...

Nice and clear, easy to use, and has got a graphic eqaliser meaning you can alter the way it sounds e.g. boost the bass for mixes where it's a bit low, cut the treble of it's too high etc...

Can you download it for free these days?
what itunes? ofc..

Greg P

VIP Junglist
errr iTunes 7 I think...

Dunno really, this is a work computer so it was just on there when I got it :confused:

Still got like 8 gig of mixes on it though - I've started making up some Cd's and giving them out to some old school heads I know who aint got computers... Can do that from iTunes too

savoirfaire

VIP Junglist
I'll stick to Winamp, crashes alot when deleting tracks from my Zen which pisses me off, but imo it's awesome, supports FLAC which is a bonus (FLAC-The Nine ftw), and is relatively quick, i use it with iZotope Ozone which is an amazing audio plug-in

Reference

fair shout.
VIP Junglist

itunes!, i dunno why people diss it, it's a doddle when you have 20'000 tunes like me, there's probably a .flac codec for it somewhere.

danfreeman1

VIP Junglist
i just windows media player for my mp3's and VLC for videos,

vlc is definately the best for videos, i havent found a file format that wont play on it yet, which is definately good when downloading films (which i do not do as it is illegal)

1995ting

VIP Junglist

use vlc, it has most of the codecs, so annying when you download something and can't play it cos u aint got the codecs