Will Vinyl Die Out?

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
With huge leaps in technology and the internet and mp3s taking over the world. Will vinyl survive?

I personally love it, something special about having a 12'' record, rather than some 1s & 0s on a hard drive.

But with more and more DJs using CDJs, and Mp3s in some cases, how long before we see the death of the turntable?

This is definately an issue that's coming up but from my perspective, as long as they keep pressing vinyl, I'll still be buying it.

With huge leaps in technology and the internet and mp3s taking over the world. Will vinyl survive?

I personally love it, something special about having a 12'' record, rather than some 1s & 0s on a hard drive.

But with more and more DJs using CDJs, and Mp3s in some cases, how long before we see the death of the turntable?

NEVER!!!!!!!!! (hopefully)

There's something about vinyl that makes it feel special, it's something that you can touch and feel and you just feel like your getting more, not just the music but the artwork at a decent size etc. I prefer vinyl to CD tbh, I like the overall experience of handling it more.

i am a vinyl lover, but its dying, and sooner or later, whether we want it or not, it will vanish, i think this is unstoppable

almost... there will always be a small market for it but not as we know it now... it is dying a death and everyone is gearing up for the changes... look a house for example...

it's outlasted 8 tracks, tapes, minidiscs, and i might even dare cd's to an extent....
but, i do more than likely see it die a horrible, slow, painful death in the near future.
it's enivitable.
with global warming (bleurgh) and the digital age. it will have to become a fine art form.

the only thing we can do is support the love for it, for as long as we can.

but, that's like saying; toast will become obsolete - but bread will still be around for those that can afford it.

ya get me?

but, that's like saying; toast will become obsolete - but bread will still be around for those that can afford it.

ya get me?

HAHAHA i get ya, lol yummy :D

VINYL FOREVER. ITS THE FEEL AND GUYS...IF VINYL DOES GET OLD THE ONES WE BOURGHT FOR A FIVER COULD END UP IN THE FUTURE SELLING FOR SHIT LOADZ OF MONEY...

AINT THAT 1 SIDED POWER OF RA EDITION ALREADY RARE AND SELLS FOR ATLEAST QUITE A BIT MORE CASH???

On a totally diffrent subject, and i know its gay, but this is the only way i can do it...

RIISU WHY HAVNY YOU REPLIED TO MY PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to get his attention, i think he doesnt wanna gimme what he knows i want. if ya dont just tell me k? i dont mind, your choice...

anyway yeah concentrate on the top bit of what i said lol

VINYL FOREVER!!!! :shittin::shittin::shittin:

Last edited:
this time in 20 years i think vinyl will be how cassetes are now. for djing purposes tho i doubt dubplates will ever die out

that really dont make sense at all man.
I love the physicality of mixing with vinyl and the whole aspect of going out getting the promo's and stuff. takes the whole fun away when you can click on a website and just buy a tune.

VINYLTILLIDIE :lighter:

yep i agree!
also cd decks an mixin wit mp3s it dont feel real if ya now wat i mean!
with vinyl u got sumfin to touch but cd an mp3 u dont!(n)

I dont think Vinyl will ever be completely wiped out.... but as it stands right now its abit more of a business move to move to CD/MP3 as it costs less to produce. This may be Vinyls problem in the future. MP3's are far easier to distribute and far easier to track sales.... The only problem is that it leaves itself open to pirates..... sell one MP3 and then that could quite easily be copied a million times.... easy!...... Vinyl is abit harder to do than just that one click copy....

The only way i can see Vinyl dying is if they invent a full proof way of stopping you from copying a MP3/CD. This way they will have no worries about distributing MP3's etc.....

BUT!!.... could this also mean the extinction of the "Promo"??

i was pleased to see that a lot of the rock/indie/emo heads are into their vinyl.
There's quite a big scene, probably sparked by 70's 80's retroism, of 7" releases, coloured vinyls etc. You can get all the albums and singles on vinyl.
The mrs is into some of that stuff and i looked at 'the klaxons' on ebay. There's a load of vinyl for them, all being bidded on, and a red 7" of a single that is going for £25!
Is this what they call nu-rave?
Hopefully this will keep the pressing rooms kicking along for a bit longer.

Yeah I go record shopping with a mate who buys rock vinyl. I don't reakon vinyl will completely die but I think it will become more and more of a collectors item which is a shame cus it does sound so much better. Dillinja is right lol.
VinylVinylVinylVinylVinylVinylVinylVinylVinylVinylVinyl:lighter:

The only main reason that vinyl could stop being made is due to the amount of pollution it puts into the atmosphere when the vinyl gets made. There was a big who-har a few years ago saying that in 10 years time vinyl could be banned from being produced due to its effect on the atmosphere. Personally i think it's bollocks! Thats the least of the problems...they still let people drive huge, high powered cars that kick out fumes as long as they can charge us tax for it! Record sales aren't as strong as they used to be since all the new types of media being available however there is still a huge demand for vinyl for many music genres.
There's nothing wrong with playing the odd MP3 but i think everyone should do their bit in supporting vinyl sales to keep labels releasing their artists music on vinyl format!
There, i've said my peice.....How's your mum? lol

I think cds and mp3s will die out before vinyl. Cds are already disappearing with the advent of torq, serato and such; why bother burning it to cd if you can dl and then play it right from your laptop. And digital djs are now going to uncompressed music files and getting away from the crappy mp3 format. Digital formats are and will continue to outsell vinyl by leaps and bounds but it won't be mp3s.

Back
Top Bottom