Wiki article

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
The Wiki article I've been working on has finally achieved peer-reviewed Good Article status.

I think it one of the best music related articles in the wiki though it needs some further editing (spelling, grammar, punctuation).

:cowbell:

Not to blow my own horn but that is something. Most wiki articles are nowhere near getting that seal of quality.

Anyway, check it out.

I'm sure there are mistakes & bollocks you lot can catch out, so do the editing if you feel like it. Just keep it coherent & neutral.

Big up Indi for the pics and big up the rest of you for your input especially in the influences section.

The links section is locked so dnbforum.com can't be added - we've limited the links to DOA and D&B Arena to keep this section getting hijacked. Sorry guys, I used to put the link back every time it got deleted.

i scanned thru it a few weeks ago and was pretty happy with it, it has a good shape. I'm gonna re-read it though so may edit but it wont need much I think
:boxing:
when I type 'jungle' into wiki it still gives me disambiguation of either 'drum and bass' or 'old school jungle', which contians this sentence, "Jungle reached the peak of its popularity between 1994 and 1995. It was toward the end of this period that the genre diversified into drum and bass as most producers started to incorporate new sounds and rhythms into their music. The co-produced "Timeless" by Goldie and Rob Playford (released on Playford's Moving Shadow record label) is the clearest example of a track from this time period which is not considered Jungle. "

:tut:

Looks like dnbforum.com has been removed from the links again *sigh*

Haven't worked on the old school article and I'm not touching it (it isn't too good) because I don't think there is a clear line differentiating dnb from jungle. The second article exists to keep the drum and bass article descending into arguments about whether jungle is drum and bass and vice versa. If somebody feels strongly that drum and bass killed jungle, they can write about it in the second article.

About the Timeless bit - hehehe.

Last edited:
:applause: :respekt: :applause:

NICE WORK DUSTEK.

I enjoyed it. It is very thorough in a way that explains what we do and what we enjoy to the general populus.

HEIL HEIL...LONG LIVE DNB

Good one mate...a mention of a Guy Called Geralds "Black Secret Technology" LP would be good...very very big LP that got overlooked for some reason !!!

WIll re-read again soon..a lot to take in in 1 go !

Haven't worked on the old school article and I'm not touching it (it isn't too good) because I don't think there is a clear line differentiating dnb from jungle. The second article exists to keep the drum and bass article descending into arguments about whether jungle is drum and bass and vice versa. If somebody feels strongly that drum and bass killed jungle, they can write about it in the second article.

About the Timeless bit - hehehe.

good strategy, let the baby have his bottle.
:jacko:

Very good article Dustek, I reference it quite a lot. And glad I could help out with the pics and stuff (y)

Thanks.

I didn't write most of the history, say 20% but 95% I edited.

There are now two articles: 1) Drum and bass (main) and 2) Drum and bass history which of course includes all the history of the music when it was called jungle.

I still need some tracks for the media project part. See my thread on that subject.

Thanks for the pics. If anybody has anything else they would like to add (remembering that it becomes public domain), let me know or add yourselves.

Back
Top Bottom