wierd buzzing noise...

pete_c

hi, since upgrading my set up a little, im now faced with a buzzing noise, which seems to be caused by the computer processing stuff i think...

ive got krk 6 monitors plugged into a pioneer djm600 mixer, which is connected to my computer via an m audio external soundcard (fast track pro). sound quality seems fine its just this buzzing whirring noise thats the problem, gets worse as soon as u open up cubase and start making music. any ideas?

hmmm, duno... i have a similar problem when i plug my cans in directly to my pc, the cable is picking up inteferance from the HD whirring, however its fine when i run my cans out of my mixer (from my pc, same jack).

I assume its some cable issue, ie my cans are shit and cheap?

only started doing it when i bought the new soundcard, the pcs internal one didnt really cut it, gave off some wierd noises when playing low frequency sounds, so i upgraded. the actual sound is good now, its just this computer interferance buzzing. plus, i have to crank the output gain all the way up on the soundcard and turn the gain up quite high on the mixer to get a reasonable volume, not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Hmmm maybe it has something do do with the wires, are your power cables and audio cables separated?

I had/have the same problem!
i havent got rid of it but a way to make the buzzing much quiter and almost silent isss.......turn the volume on ur monitors down, and turn the volume on ur computer up

ive got a Mac and Mackie MR5 monitors! i had the volume of the monitors just over half and the mac volume pretty low, this caused my speakers to buzz,
now i have turned my monitor volume down to about a quarter and my mac volume most the way up!
i can no longer hear the buzzing even tho its still there

let me know if it works for you, it did for me!

hmmm power cables and audio cables are separated. pretty sure my pc volume is almost at full and the monitors are up to about a quarter. doing my nut in!

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

maybe i should turn the monitors up, and the pc level down?

hmmm thats strange,

turning my monitors down and my mac up fixed the problem for me
the only other thing i could suggest is if u get a USB soundcard
are ur monitors going str8 into the 'Line in'??

im using a usb soundcard! the monitors have xlr connections which go into my mixer, which is connected to the computer through the soundcard...

o shit! in that case i havent got a clue what it could be, i thought mine done it because i was using Line in instead of a external soundcard!

thats real wierd man! hope u sort it out soon bro!

im using a usb soundcard! the monitors have xlr connections which go into my mixer, which is connected to the computer through the soundcard...

have you tried connecting them directly to the soundcard to see if that makes a difference?

Can you post some more info on your PC specs (OS processor etc) Maudio USB interfaces are known for this but there are solutions dependant on your PC hardware

Back
Top Bottom