wierd buzzing noise...

Discussion in 'Production' started by pete_c, Feb 28, 2011.

1. pete_c

pete_c New Member

hi, since upgrading my set up a little, im now faced with a buzzing noise, which seems to be caused by the computer processing stuff i think...

ive got krk 6 monitors plugged into a pioneer djm600 mixer, which is connected to my computer via an m audio external soundcard (fast track pro). sound quality seems fine its just this buzzing whirring noise thats the problem, gets worse as soon as u open up cubase and start making music. any ideas?

2. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

hmmm, duno... i have a similar problem when i plug my cans in directly to my pc, the cable is picking up inteferance from the HD whirring, however its fine when i run my cans out of my mixer (from my pc, same jack).

I assume its some cable issue, ie my cans are shit and cheap?

3. pete_c

pete_c New Member

only started doing it when i bought the new soundcard, the pcs internal one didnt really cut it, gave off some wierd noises when playing low frequency sounds, so i upgraded. the actual sound is good now, its just this computer interferance buzzing. plus, i have to crank the output gain all the way up on the soundcard and turn the gain up quite high on the mixer to get a reasonable volume, not sure if that has anything to do with it?

4. ARTFX

ARTFX www.artfx-studios.com

Hmmm maybe it has something do do with the wires, are your power cables and audio cables separated?

5. djslime

djslime Member

I had/have the same problem!
    i havent got rid of it but a way to make the buzzing much quiter and almost silent isss.......turn the volume on ur monitors down, and turn the volume on ur computer up

ive got a Mac and Mackie MR5 monitors! i had the volume of the monitors just over half and the mac volume pretty low, this caused my speakers to buzz,
    now i have turned my monitor volume down to about a quarter and my mac volume most the way up!
    i can no longer hear the buzzing even tho its still there

let me know if it works for you, it did for me!

6. pete_c

pete_c New Member

hmmm power cables and audio cables are separated. pretty sure my pc volume is almost at full and the monitors are up to about a quarter. doing my nut in!

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

maybe i should turn the monitors up, and the pc level down?

7. djslime

djslime Member

hmmm thats strange,

turning my monitors down and my mac up fixed the problem for me
    the only other thing i could suggest is if u get a USB soundcard
    are ur monitors going str8 into the 'Line in'??

8. pete_c

pete_c New Member

im using a usb soundcard! the monitors have xlr connections which go into my mixer, which is connected to the computer through the soundcard...

9. djslime

djslime Member

o shit! in that case i havent got a clue what it could be, i thought mine done it because i was using Line in instead of a external soundcard!

thats real wierd man! hope u sort it out soon bro!

10. Woodz12

Woodz12 sssounds so heavy...

have you tried connecting them directly to the soundcard to see if that makes a difference?

11. 0w3n

0w3n New Member

Can you post some more info on your PC specs (OS processor etc) Maudio USB interfaces are known for this but there are solutions dependant on your PC hardware