Why you should not buy Technics on ebay...

Olllie

Bom Bom Cloud
VIP Junglist
*pictures of broken technics removed in case it affects my paypal claim*

facepalm.jpg

Broken in transit. I'll get my money back eventually but the claims process is gonna be long! To make things worse I already sold my old turntables

If anyone's thinking of getting technics delivered from ebay, it's worth sending the seller this link:
Guide to Packing Technics 1210 and 1200 for shipment

Personally i'd never have 2nd hand turntables delivered again, just not worth the risk

Last edited:
Unlucky mate. I bet you were gobsmacked when you opened the box.

That is one of the main reasons why I won't post mine. Royal Mail/couriers just don't give a shit TBH. They chuck stuff about regardless of size/cost or fragility. Even if you packed them up properly there is always a chance of them getting smashed up in transit!

If you are stuck for turntables I am selling my Technics 1210's in very, very good condition. I would be willing to meet you half way for £15/20 petrol or you could pick them up by the M25 if you prefer and see them working.

Here is the link :) Click Me!

Yeah, i'd probably still take the risk. 1K ish for brand news from a shop is waaaay out of price range.
Plus i don't have a car to meet a seller. If i did i'd gladly do it though.
As you said, delivery drivers can't be trusted sometimes..

i sold some knackered ones for £350. pictures can be deceiving. thats why i'd never buy 2nd hand technics from ebay.

i got some off a lad from manc for a friend, went and collected them, £300 and they were absolute beauties.

looks like its just the lids that are knackered though?

harsh mate

to make you feel better il tell you a great tale of how i bought a 1210mk2 of eBay for £180, mint condition.

really unlucky man, i got mine for 300 off ebay but went to collect them, can't trust the royal mail!

i trust u got insurance on the postage though? everything will be fine eventually!

i sold some knackered ones for £350. pictures can be deceiving. thats why i'd never buy 2nd hand technics from ebay.

i got some off a lad from manc for a friend, went and collected them, £300 and they were absolute beauties.

looks like its just the lids that are knackered though?

Not just the lids, magnets under the platter have been shattered, tonearms don't feel right and the phono/power plugs have been bent. I paid £350 for the pair and looks as though they were mint condition before they were posted so could have been a great deal. I think the inner components are still mint but repairing is a hassle so i'd rather get my money back and buy another pair.

Main problem was the way they were packed, before I opened the box I could feel them rattling around in there. Seller used one layer of bubblewrap and some newspaper. He stuck the label on the bottom so when I opened them they were upside down! He did insure postage but i'm not sure if they'd pay out when they see how he packed them. Not my problem though as i'm protected by paypal.

Kit i'd happily take you up on that offer if they are still available when my refund comes through. If only I bought them off you in the first place!

It must have taken a fair beating to shatter the magnets! It sounds like he did a terrible job packing them anyway, but even so, if a courier takes care I fail to see how it ends up like that!

This is what I mean when I say I don't trust them, they just chuck boxes on top of boxes, kick stuff across floors and drive like they have stolen the van. I use to work in a gun shop last year and we did a lot of small eBay orders as well as through the shop itself. I've seen how couriers treat boxes. He use to scan them and literally chuck them behind his back into the van. Unbelieveable.

I also ordered some parts for my car a few weeks ago and low and behold, the air filter had been squashed and cracked in half where some plumb had obviously dumped a heavy box on top of it.

Depending when you get a refund I will probably still have them mate. Feel free to message me/ring me and come see them :)

Last edited:
Yeah I will definitely get in touch when I get my refund. Judging by the pictures your turntables have been well looked after. Might not be until May though as the sellers refused the refund request so i've opened a case against him and have to wait until Paypal makes their judgement (which almost always goes in favour of the buyer).

I think it's come to be expected for couriers to chuck things about a bit so people need to take extra care when packing to make sure everythings properly cushioned and no parts are able to move freely inside the box.

To make things worse on the day of delivery I bought the new Noisia and Spor bits from the record shop in town, now they're just sitting there waiting to be mixed!

I bought a pair on ebay, but did it the right away, contacted the seller, went over to his house, had a mix, bought the decks, put them in my car, took them home, set them up, done...

iv been trying to get rid of some vestax pdx 2300's. really good turntables actually. any reason as to why people wont want them!? or u think i should keep putting them on ebay. i really wana sell them and get some 1210s. those ones kit have i want!!!!! just cant get the muuulah which is fuckin annoying,

iv been trying to get rid of some vestax pdx 2300's. really good turntables actually. any reason as to why people wont want them!? or u think i should keep putting them on ebay. i really wana sell them and get some 1210s. those ones kit have i want!!!!! just cant get the muuulah which is fuckin annoying,

People don't want them for the exact reason you're selling them. If they are really good turntables why are you selling them?

People don't want them for the exact reason you're selling them. If they are really good turntables why are you selling them?

to be honest mate im not that bothered. i would just rather have 1210's but i can only get them if i sell the vestax.

Back
Top Bottom