why the riots?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by THE DAPPA DON, Aug 22, 2007.

1. THE DAPPA DON

THE DAPPA DON brainscan community

dont know if anyone saw on the news or in the paper the story about an illegal rave near norwich, where riot police busted the party so the ravers in protest stormed the police station to try and free the ravers that had been nicked and retreive the rig that the police had taken. the police were a joke. all over the news and papers we are blamed for the riots when the truth is the police are to blame for heavy handed control of such large un organized raves, just let the fuckin music play man. but hey still managed to party on till 10 in mornin b4 the police had enuff pigs to stop the rave. proper fuckin riot, just what ya need when youre trippin on acid and wobblin about from to much ket. the fight for the free party will always go on, no matter how fucked
    :banana:

has anyone ever been to an illegal, i mean a proper multi-rig not a bunch of kids in a forest, 6 years on the rave scene loadsa riots loadsa drugs LOUD music and partys that go on for 4/5 days. and every genre of dance music ragged with dnb getting more and more popular jus means the brockin out just gets sweatier. let me know what sort of partys u guys have enjoyed? (y)

massive love and respect to the welsh partyheads (big big raves), the milton keynes illegal ravers, slough mash eds, the norfolk community :grouphug: and anyone whose ever been stuck behind a 100 car convey at 1 in the mornin in there little village, we are just tryin to PARTY :gpeace:

ONELOVE :rave:

PEACE

Attached Files:

• edu.JPG
      edu.JPG
      File size:
      1.4 KB
      Views:
  2. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

i thought it was in Essex?

There's a reason why the old bill go in heavy handed and it's because the mongs don't just pack up and fuck off now, they stand up to them as if it's some sort of worthy political statement, raving is accepted now where as in the 80's when illegal raves started it wasn't and was hard to get permission for venues. i'm all for partying but if you're trespassing and the old bill turn up giving you a clump for not leaving when they tell you, you deserve everything you get IMHO.

How about start paying for the privilege to party in a safe and legal environment you cheap skate free loading cunts.

3. THE DAPPA DON

:wtf:lmao clueless i pay my taxes and work hard, why should i have to pay to hav fun and have a timelimit to do it in. grow some balls and rebel. we aint sheep bahhhhhhhh bahhhhhhhh

obviously youre a geek or nerd.:jerkit:

4. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

actually, i feel out of order now, don't mean to call you all cunts, by all means if you want to go to these do's, go, but if you go to a illegal party in someone elses field and the old bill give you a slap for not leaving don't cry about it, is my point.

rave safe and don't go over board on the LSD.

5. DJ COSHH

DJ COSHH Active Member

He is both ... but makes a good point... not callin you a cunt, but if ur doing the wrongin then there is so many legal options nowadays

And as a matter of fact I know Sirus has Huuuuuge balls

6. THE DAPPA DON

always go overboard on acid.

always rave safe it aint polliticall its a god dam party

7. Mr G

Mr G Old Cunt From 19 Longtime

I'm not getting involved with this one,the way i'm going at the moment i could start a row in an empty room with just a mirror for company..

8. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

:D

DON ; fair enough pal. wasn't saying that you don't work hard and pay your taxes, simply saying if you take liberties on other peoples property don't moan if it bites you on the arse.

free parties is a great theory, but nothing comes free in this world.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  9. THE DAPPA DON

pffff legal wat does that mean these days think about what illegal things u do and all were doin is playin loud music in a forest or old barns/warehouses, beaches, anywhere we can as not to cause a nuisance we do take others into consideration. always clear up, normally with help from the filth these days as they just cant leave it. theres more trouble at a legal event just because people are forced to hide there illegal activities

10. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

if everyone was following this, we wouldnt have some of the most important music ever produced.

11. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

the problem i've got is when it's at the expense of other people, like the ravers have some god given right, if it's on public property away from any communities, plus the people clean up after... well that's a perfect situation and no-one could argue against that, but on someone elses property, fucking up a field just 'cos you want to feel free and don't have to pay 15/20 sovs to get in to a legal do...is somewhat taking the piss and extremely selfish.

but fill ya boots, do whatever you want to do in life and accept the consequences.

12. THE DAPPA DON

13. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

did you read the rest of the post gordo, or just that bit, that i've admitted was harsh already?

i mentioned the 80's and how it was a necessary movement as raving wasn't accepted and venues were hard to come by legally, but that was 20 fucking years ago and things have changed.

14. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

ok then, simple comparison:

music at an illegal rave in some derelict warehouse (ive never heard of one in a buliding/site thats currently under someones use)
    music at your average dnb club

not quite the same is it ?

plus, the fact that i wont have to deal with macho bouncers, pay 5er per beer, cant smoke, and surrounded by drunken townies who ended in the club just for a drink, and not for the music, makes a trip to the warehouse much more worthy.

in anyway, i wasnt givin ya shit, its just that warehouse raves was my first experience of proper "rave" music, and its been in my heart since.

i see nothing wrong with takin an empty space for a night..

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  15. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

The Criminal Justice Bill was invented because the government couldn't find a way to control the raves or, more importantly, find a way to make any money off of it. The Criminal Justice Bill is a farce anyway.

But besides this opinion, if you are raving on private property and get busted by the fuzz, you should be aware of the consequences of your actions and not start to riot, because no matter how farcical, you were breaking the law in the first place. I just don't think you have a right to riot considering you were breaking the law in the first place.

But I'm all for illegal raves and have done my fair share of them back in the day, like Speed and Diztruxion, in an abbandoned slaughterhouse near Leeds. Ah the good old days.

16. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

Gordo, ignore my earlier tactless rant, indi makes more of the point i meant to articulate, whilst i have no problem with free parties in disused warehouse's, it's the ones at the expense of other people that i have something against...

and more to the point, people rioting because the filth turn up, but that's obviously a small minority of people, didn't mean to generalise that all people who do the illegal scene are like that. i was well out of order to say what i said to DON...

TBH i was in a pissed football hooli mode after watching Eng v Ger.

(oh the shame and irony of ME moaning about aggressive behaviour)

17. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

dude, dont believe the hype.
    in 99% of partys that kicked off with the fuzz, is because they took the piss.
    example, last february, around 200 people gathered in an unused warehouse, in Mcr. centre.
    seconds before the music came on, the fuzz spots us, and charge in. Note here that this is the night after a Man City v. Liverpool, and everything went smooth, so all the coppers are ichi from not smashin any scallys sculls. so , who better to kick in that some pissed up ravers..?
    That was pure cowardness.
    We were calling the squaters right bill, as some people have been living in there for a while.
    the responce was dogs and battons.
    3 friends of mine ended up going to the ER, a girl with a fracturd shin bone.
    i was actually infront when that happened. a fukin huge copper told her to move out, she held up a piece of paper with the lagislation printed on.
    she got slapped, which land her on the floor, and the frikin animal starts smashing his batton on her legs with full force. and when i screamed at him about what the fuck he was doing, he grabbed me, asked me if i was "the hard one here", and pushed me back, landing me on the floor.

due to another 500 people who were waiting outside, after we joined them, admitedly, the shit became out of hand, with everyone shouting at the coppers, and moving in a massive crowd.that was not a riot, it was a protest.
    loads of tactical aid vans arrived, with plenty of dogs and teargas.
    people where hurt that night.even people who had nothing to do with teh rave, had no fucking idea who Chris liberator is, and where just taking theyr dog for a walk

they kicked off because a) they were scared that if we charged them theyd be fucked, and b) coz theyre miserable cunts, and the idea of someone having fun outside of what they believe is ordinary makes the small and insecure.

What did the local papers wrote the following day ?

"Rowdy youths vandalising peoples property, causing mayhem.
    Thankfully the police acted in time, as to avoid any serious material damages."

AT WHAT ?!?! and empty fucking building that's been changing bankrupt owners for the last 5 years ?

at the same time tho, i have faced coppers which were absolutely sound, even if the outcome was negative.

many times the police will visit a free party, will check around for anything too dodgy, ie drug dealers, thugs, any possible health hazzard, and if theyre happy with what the see, they'll wish us a good night, and off they go.
    and always pull the old "thats not even music that" with a cheeky grin.!!!

and even if they dont want us there, theyll pul the rig owner aside, and go, look, you cant be here tonite, please leave, or we will be forced to take your soundsystem.
    which is fair fuckin enuff in my book.

right, i do see your point, and yes, there are idiots who will crack open a used space, and think theyre hardcore and what not.
    yes, they deserve a kickin from the fuzz.
    but like i said. in my experience, 99% of bullshit in free partys, start because of trigger happy pigs, and the ones hurt are people who make creative use of a derelict space. if thats a crime, then lock me up.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  18. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

The thing you have to remember is the geezer behind the riot shield and the helmet is not a nazi storm strooper bastard who wants to kill you but some normal guy who is making his living trying to uphold the law as he thinks he should.

Life is not white and black, its not a Hollywood film.

Treat the geezer opposite you with respect and he'll treat you with respect.

Obviously there are some massive exceptions, but UK cops are probably the best in world as far as crowd control and public relations go. In any other country other than the UK, if you were to make a gesture to the cops, you'd get your face battoned regardless of what you were saying. So chill out kids... the British cops are really ok. I've seen ravers get their heads kicked in for nothing in front of cops or by them outside of the UK. You really don't want to talk shit to Spanish, Greek or Italian cops. Unfortunately they have plenty of reason to do so because they get abused, knifed and Albanian drug dealers, Sicilian wannabe mafiosos - and above all British barbarians on the piss thanks to Ryanair.

The geezers opposite you are not pigs, they are guys who believe that what they are doing keeps society in order. You could be in their position with a snap of a finger.

19. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

yes, i'll agree with you about british coppers beeing better than the rest.
    ive seen czech riot police kicking the shit out of mouthy cockneys at Czech Tek.
    but it still does not justify action that ive witnessed in this country.

as far as the guy who mercilesly beat up my friend being a normal guy who's trying to upheld the law, lets just agree to disagree.

yeah, life is defo not a movie, (sometimes wish it bloody was), and like i mentioned, there are good coppers and bad coppers.(btw, im not using copper as derogatory..) i'll even go as far as to say that most coppers ive met have been sound.
    but unfortunately when you mix bad personality with authority and weapons, you get people hurt.

and to end this, i'll quote the irish copper i met after the protest during the initiation of the new EU members in Dublin.
    "so youve been at the march, have ya?"
    "yeah"
    "ah, its a shame they didnt put us anywhere close there, would love to beat up some of you guys"
    "oh really ? is this why you joined the force then?"
    "absolutely, that the whole point of being a police officer"

again, i reckognise that this guy was just baiting me, and i do not judge the majority of the police force because of a few fools, just like i dont judge a nation by its holidaymakers.

and what you say about respect the guy opposite and he'll repsect you back, i couldnt agree more.
    but remember this goes two ways.
    unfortunately, it seems that the uniform gives out so much respect, tha the person wearing it doesnt need to show any.

20. mesh

mesh Active Member

:word:

I havent actually been to a proper warehouse for about 4 years, but the big illegal raves back in the day were so exciting compared to a the relatively sterile nightclub. relatively, mind you depending where you go ..