Why Techno?

sdm said:
At Hardware nights, Drum & Bass and Hip-Hop go hand in hand, works for me every time.

Yeah, I know quite a few people who like both! UK Hip Hop is pretty cool, Rodney P :2thumbs:

We have looked into Hiphop as the 2nd room, and there could be summat happening in the future...

As it stands now, room 2 is gonna be just an occasional thing, cos it's much riskier (moneywise) doing 2 rooms than one!

:grouphug: (y)

Uk Hip hop would be cool. it would certainly bring a few more of my mates along to breakneck. Im not american BTW i come from hayling.
Adam Freeland is still no way as good as plumps or krafty Kuts. Too be honest anyone who dont mix would really be able to tell the difference between DnB and Breakbeat other than it feels a tiny bit slower. Oh and that the scratching would be playing a slightly more agressive tone. Even tho alot of time its just on the record anyway ;) Adam Freeland releses too many boots and is not hardcore enough.
Oh and the geez that was going on about hardcore and breakz being at different speeds is ribbish. I mix DnB, Breakz n Hardcore and Hardcore and Dnb dont wotk unless you scratch/cut it in when Breakz and Hardcore will run smoothly at 140bpm. Check out some of the breakz mixes on www.aquasky.co.uk. think he brings in edge1 compound (Tune) into one of the mixes somewhere. I regularly bring hardcore into my breakz sets.
Anyho glad its got ppl thinking how to make room 2 better. :miss_rep:

1992 said:
Zest: IMOP Hip-Hop has no place at a dance music event.
and THAT is the difference it seems between the States and the rest of the dNb world.
Pardon my generalisation US-heads, no disrespect. Please correct me if wrong.

:lol_board

Didn't they used to have a mixture of most dance music in one room at old raves? So you'd get techno, jungle, hardcore, acid house etc all in one room?

Don't mind me if I'm mistaken though!

it was like that a few raves I went to but not all. used to hear young mc and eric b&rakim at house nights too

Funny how a Techno Post gets so much attention on a drum & bass forum, I think that's already expressed how open minded we all are when it comes to the music. I personally think d&b is the only dance music that can go well with other music policies at clubs & parties etc.

sayber said:
Funny how a Techno Post gets so much attention on a drum & bass forum, I think that's already expressed how open minded we all are when it comes to the music. I personally think d&b is the only dance music that can go well with other music policies at clubs & parties etc.

:applause: Fair comment bro!

Honestly,heres who i really think u should get,RATPACK!now every 1 loves the old skool,even if u cuss hardcore,ratpack WOULD pull a crowd. :devilslay

keep pounding out the techno i say. Dnb is my love, but personally when i get on the pier its hot and sweaty in the main room, i prefer a good old techno stomp in room2, cool breeze. love it. Keep it up breakneck. :rosie:

I reckon some nice 1993-4 jungletekno would be nice in the 2nd room.
Ratpack always do the biz tho!

Back
Top Bottom