Why is it with vinyl?

djhektikz

VIP Junglist
When you buy a tune one side is sounding sick and the other side is just standard or shit?? why cant both sides be sick?

i spose its to do with personal taste but that cant really be the case.

not even most of the time..

tear you down / drifter = biig

the whole commix call to mind ep

break symmetry all big

etc...

i spose its to do with personal taste but that cant really be the case.

not even most of the time..

tear you down / drifter = biig

the whole commix call to mind ep

break symmetry all big

etc...

i mainly buy jump up though and most the time its only for the one tune!

ok then new news resolution stop buying jump up and start buying liquid and techstep??

ok then new news resolution stop buying jump up and start buying liquid and techstep??

Thats what i need to do bro.. Hate to say it but its starting to get a bit tedious for me! (even though with the anti jump up crew it gets tedious after 2 bars lol) .. But i know i wont be able to stop!

been meaning to buy a phat bulk of liquid for a while now but had to put money aside for another deck and since then too many jump up smashers have come out!.. But now its time for the liquid :D

.. Oh shit, i may have just started an anti jump up thread!

When you buy a tune one side is sounding sick and the other side is just standard or shit?? why cant both sides be sick?

Because releasing two sick tunes on two pieces of vinyl gets you to buy two pieces of vinyl instead of one. Profit.

This is the same with dnb in the dying days of vinyl as it was with it back at the dawn of vinyl singles.

If I made 2 disgustingly sick dirty bangers, id release them seperately. Its all about the Dolla for some of these guys nowadays man. Milk it dry.

But why put tunes that are boring as fuck and blatantly thrown together in 5 minutes as B sides to a good A side?

You wanna shift units, well people would be more likely to buy if they were getting 2 decent tracks for their fiver and there can't be that much of a shortage of good drummers out there?

All that aside, theres plenty of vinyls which smash it on both sides...perhaps it's certain labels we should be looking at? Not just jump up ones either..

But why put tunes that are boring as fuck and blatantly thrown together in 5 minutes as B sides to a good A side?

You wanna shift units, well people would be more likely to buy if they were getting 2 decent tracks for their fiver and there can't be that much of a shortage of good drummers out there?

All that aside, theres plenty of vinyls which smash it on both sides...perhaps it's certain labels we should be looking at? Not just jump up ones either..

Fair point.

I think with liquid and more techy stuff its down to personal taste alot more (more likely to like the b side) than jump up where often its the big tunes of the moment (with a tune that never quite made it by the same producer).

Back
Top Bottom