Why don't Hospital and RAM do tape packs?

Matt_47

VIP Junglist
I don't understand?! I know Hospital have their mix series and RAM has the nightlife series but there must be a market for them? I'd definately buy a tape pack if RAM/Hospital did them!

I personally would never buy an RC or innovation tape pack cos I can't stand the MCs when listening at home. With the RAM and Hospitality nights it's a completely different vibe, with less of a focus on MCs.

Someone wanna enlighten me?

afaik, when a promoter puts on a night and sells tape packs the DJ's/artists make nothing from it.
If the actual label the DJ's r on is putting the night on then i cant see why they wouldnt, maybe its for exclusivity, DJ's not wanting to be on the packs, who knows. they have gues DJ's from outside the label maybe that makes complications.

IMO when u go to the club there should be a stall u can put down ur address pay 15 quid and receive a recording of the night, that way people who were actualy there can enjoy the night again, they make extra money n what not.

maybe its for exclusivity, DJ's not wanting to be on the packs, who knows.

IMO when u go to the club there should be a stall u can put down ur address pay 15 quid and receive a recording of the night, that way people who were actualy there can enjoy the night again, they make extra money n what not.

Yer I heard that was the reason Andy wasn't on a lot of the packs this year.

And that idea would be awesome!

afaik, when a promoter puts on a night and sells tape packs the DJ's/artists make nothing from it.
If the actual label the DJ's r on is putting the night on then i cant see why they wouldnt, maybe its for exclusivity, DJ's not wanting to be on the packs, who knows. they have gues DJ's from outside the label maybe that makes complications.

why dont you put that idea down to tony coleman on his website? Im sure he'd get back to you with an answer.

This is a good idea. The only problem is that within a day or so the sets will be all over sites like this. More so this site as they wouldn't be retail packs lol!! This will cause a problem for the respected promoters, as instead of potentially having a group of 5 or so pplz go to their next rave....they will just dload these sets & experience what type of vibe that rave has by listening to the recorded sets.

Plus it just wouldn't be financially viable. As if everyone's gonna pay the 15 quid! Three mates will be chipping in fivers left, right & centre to hear the sets. The promoters will be effectively be doing something for nothing.

I guess that's why Ram & Hospitality nights are so unique. I'd never heard a set from a Hospitality night before I went to my 1st one. And I'm glad...because now I can't get enough! Hospitality & Ram know how to make their money properly by releasing CD's like their annual Hospital mix & Andy's Nightlife series. They'll be making more money than any CD pack by doing that as they are effectively, especially Nightlife, targeting a 'commercial' crowd. That's where the money is!

But don't get me wrong......I'd love for them to have CD packs for EVERY event lol!!

Surely a CD pack for th last Ram @ The End would of made a mint!!

[/B]

This is a good idea. The only problem is that within a day or so the sets will be all over sites like this. More so this site as they wouldn't be retail packs lol!! This will cause a problem for the respected promoters, as instead of potentially having a group of 5 or so pplz go to their next rave....they will just dload these sets & experience what type of vibe that rave has by listening to the recorded sets.

Plus it just wouldn't be financially viable. As if everyone's gonna pay the 15 quid! Three mates will be chipping in fivers left, right & centre to hear the sets. The promoters will be effectively be doing something for nothing.

I guess that's why Ram & Hospitality nights are so unique. I'd never heard a set from a Hospitality night before I went to my 1st one. And I'm glad...because now I can't get enough! Hospitality & Ram know how to make their money properly by releasing CD's like their annual Hospital mix & Andy's Nightlife series. They'll be making more money than any CD pack by doing that as they are effectively, especially Nightlife, targeting a 'commercial' crowd. That's where the money is!

But don't get me wrong......I'd love for them to have CD packs for EVERY event lol!!

I dunno about that mate, I don't think you can replicate the vibes in rave through a CD pack. Sure it'll bring back fond memories if you were there, but if you weren't for me it just a mix with an MC on it.

Commercially i think it would be possible if done digitally. If the night is recorded and then uploaded to the net, perhaps with a shitload of idents/shouts recorded over it so that they don't take place of the 'commercial' mixes such as nightlife and hospital mixes. Then maybe charge like 5 quid a go, that'd cover the little amount of post-production needed and maybe server costs. Of course theyd get leeched, but at the end of the day if they've been waffled over with shouts and idents, then people are probably more likely to pay for an actual mix cd like nightlife as well

[/B]

yer man i know its not without its flaws, was just thinking in an ideal world.

the sound engineers at matter have that locked. if can get in tight with them, they have recordings from the past eight weeks worth of parties that have occured, saved onto their hard drives. thats some exclusive shit though and i lost out on that priviledge by losing my job there = (

y doesnt someone who knows a few people in higher positions of either record label maybe fire them off an email, explaining the conversation, and they might a) give a clear reason y they dont sell cd packs and b) possibly consider doing something like this for the future if they know there will be a decent demand for them....

I know for a fact that certain DJ's charge to be on a CD pack. Some decline for their sets not to be on there, due to their set may have not gone so well or that they played dubs that they didn't want recorded yet.

thats a fucking good idea man! as long as you could pay near the end of the night incase the whole thing was a bust and not worth hearing a second or even third time round.

I reckon one of the problems with this would be the fact that because there label nights a lot of new dubplates get dropped and tested out etc.. If they knew that the sets were gonna be recorded and distributed to tom dick and harry then they'd surely have to cap what they play.. taking aqay sum of the magic of the night

Imagine if they did like a 'best of' live pack. 12 of the sickest andy c sets from Ram nights over the years hand picked by the man himself. I would be in HEAVEN!

Back
Top Bottom