Why does a lot of ppl hate jump up these days?

Hazard, Hamilton, Shimah, P.A, Nu Elementz, Sub Zero, Majistrate, Jayline, Harvest, Addict, Tyke...could go on man

PA? Shimah? Ain´t heard beats of them for ages mate. Totally agree on Harvest but I wouldn´t classify him as jump up anymore. Its just drum and bass.
All the others yeah..may have tunes of them..some are good but FOR ME its not like those guys are SMASHING it. I´ll leave Hazard there because he´s Hazard ;)

There's still hidden gems by lesser known artists out there as well..trust me

I know that but unfortunately when browsing thru the stores most stuff is disappointing to me.

P.A still making beats???

PA? Shimah? Ain´t heard beats of them for ages mate. Totally agree on Harvest but I wouldn´t classify him as jump up anymore. Its just drum and bass.
All the others yeah..may have tunes of them..some are good but FOR ME its not like those guys are SMASHING it. I´ll leave Hazard there because he´s Hazard ;)

Yea fellas. PA came back with a riddim called 'Shoguns & Assassins'; an absolute dancefloor banger and he's got bits in the pipeline. Shimah came back with 'Swordfish' and 'Electro-Step'...and I love both of them as well. All original stuff, and quite refreshing.

..It's all down to personal preference init. I don't really like the term 'jump-up'. There has never been a time where a tune dropped and I started jumping up and down on the spot. I've never seen it happen. I only really relate to sub-genre terms, like liquid or minimal etc, in order to describe a tune. S'all dancefloor ennitttttt.

:)

from my view its mostly because of all the pile of dribble artists who think they can make 6 labels and release their own shit and all their friends shit.

the digital era has let any tom dick and harry with no musical skills at all rinsing the same shoddy bass, breaks and each others presets release piles of shit after piles of shit.

I don't think minimal could ever move people in the same way as jump up because it's more cerebral and made for contemplation more than dancing. There will never be a minimal equivalent of a tune like Mr Happy. In fact when will we ever see a tune like that again? *sighs*

I can actually dance to the minimal stuff. Jump up is just swinging back and forth like a retard at the front of the bus dancemove musical bin laden.

I'm not wanting another tune like Mr Happy, one is enough.

minimal stuff can only be played for a certain amount of time before everyone gets bored

thats why theres jump up

I like my jump up how i like all my drum & bass, dark & aggressive.

Personal taste though really, I think the sub genre's just got a reputation as being chavy and a bit immature (no offense). But still, like I said i dont mind some tracks that are abit darker. Most are just well cheesy though

Pigeon holing music into sub-genres is a pointless imo, music evolves and circulates over time. All this defending your preferred 'sub-genre' is fucking gay. Surely a track should be judged on it's individual merit, not what bracket it falls in. Also, it depends entirely on what mood you're in. If I'm on it an on the right level, I'll have one out to a bit of aggy jump up, sure. If nan pops round for bit of dinner on a sunday I'll stick on a bit of minimal and cut my wrists.

Last edited:
sorry j rex
but those examples you posted... meh.. i hope thats not the best there is to offer.
they are not rubbish tracks by means, I'm sure the production values are good and they sound nice on a system and set the dance floor wild
but honestly they were all simple boring and unoriginal, nothing i haven't heard been done a thousand times before many years ago

yeah maybe, a good point, i was just hoping for better examples to restore my faith

If this thread is meant to be restoring people's faith in jump up, you're all doing a shit job! Probably the best tune posted so far is turno.

I reckon its cos bare people who grew up with drum n bass and have kept with it, now seek that more refined sound whether dark or liquid as most ravers at jumpup raves are younger but saying that, the older ravers have got to remember, and will do, that raving was designed to go out and get fecked out of your head! to energised music! Big up to all the WS Krew ;)

LOL
alot of people who hate jump up mostly say its 'chavvy' and go on about production value etc yet are the same sorta people who probably look like indie kids and in a poor attempt to be different will real off a load of artists there 'into'... names you never heard of and are actually quite average or shit.

Im guessing they also respect hyper d? ofcourse but thats 'different' LOL do me a favour...... is there a huge amount of difference between the shit he was mcing then and the shit that is being mc'd now? no ofcourse not.

some of the drum and bass elitism i see on this forum really gets on my tits.

Back
Top Bottom