Why does a lot of ppl hate jump up these days?

First of all your Thread title should be 'Why DO a lot of ppl hate jump up these days?'

Secondly, my personal opinion is that jump up (of the last 2/3 years) has become a generic boring sub-genre that has rubbish cadence and a negative deviance to have similar sounds to commercial DUBSTEP. Theres is no real production or musically challenging skills needed to make 'jump-up'. I feel Drum and Bass as a whole has moved on to, what some may call, the 'intelligent' era, where emphasis is on quality of production and clarity of sound.

I don't think people HATE jump up as such these days, i just think that people have moved on from it to higher quality sounds.

Remember this is my opinion.

Peace

First of all your Thread title should be 'Why DO a lot of ppl hate jump up these days?'

Secondly, my personal opinion is that jump up (of the last 2/3 years) has become a generic boring sub-genre that has rubbish cadence and a negative deviance to have similar sounds to commercial DUBSTEP. Theres is no real production or musically challenging skills needed to make 'jump-up'. I feel Drum and Bass as a whole has moved on to, what some may call, the 'intelligent' era, where emphasis is on quality of production and clarity of sound.

I don't think people HATE jump up as such these days, i just think that people have moved on from it to higher quality sounds.

Peace
I agree with this.. I liked jump up back in the day but nowadays most of it is just pure junk imo. Hazard still kills it tho.

Drum and bass has evolved quite a bit in the last few years, and I quite like where it's going

I certainly don't hate jump up, it just isn't that good anymore.

Freek

Lets get freeeeeeky
VIP Junglist
as said b4 not that people hate jumpup, merely peoples tastes evolving aswell as the scene itself. that said, Callide is killing it atm, his forthcoming lp is a breathe of fresh air for jumpup imo :)

AllAspekT

Peace
1st of all dont you mean "There* is no real production...."
2nd of all fuck it if its generic, ppl still bruk out a screwface and 2 step skank to it. I love the energy that goes with it and I say biggups to all the producers who are still racking up those 5 bangaz a day :)

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

as said b4 not that people hate jumpup, merely peoples tastes evolving aswell as the scene itself. that said, Callide is killing it atm, his forthcoming lp is a breathe of fresh air for jumpup imo :)
well said

DeeGun

Notable Member
VIP Junglist
goobige_500 said it. I do bag the odd jump up tune, Konichi for example is an artist I rate, also Zen, some tunes of the G13 Crew but I also heard and have tunes at home that sound like shit (soundwise!) because they are just a hi-hat fest noise mash.

luciduk

VIP Junglist
Doesn't mean you no nothing about drum n bass if you like jump up!
well who ever said that is some kind of cunt - clearly. its not my thing personally because its harsh on my ears but some jump up tunes are cool in a rave il admit!

Theres is no real production or musically challenging skills needed to make 'jump-up'.
there are production kills needed to make every form of music i reckon, e.g someone like subzero who is probably a culprit in producing this "generic jumpup" music has production skills because he can write some different minimal shit like this and smash it

Last edited by a moderator:

ThePapa

Suffragette City..
VIP Junglist
I don't think minimal could ever move people in the same way as jump up because it's more cerebral and made for contemplation more than dancing. There will never be a minimal equivalent of a tune like Mr Happy. In fact when will we ever see a tune like that again? *sighs*