Why do you like MC's?

iamahistorian

shithead
I like some but,it seems, most just do it coz they have the right voice for it and just spoil the tunes. Whats everyone else think.

I like (decent) MC's at raves cos they do their bit to hype the crowd, but when chilling listening to music I prefer letting the beats do the talking.

MC's are there to get the crowd hyped up. Nothing better to hear your favourite MC chatting some good lyrics over your favourite tune.

Yeah, I hate them too loud on tapes or when you can't hear the music in a club beacuse of the MC's are way too loud but that's why I don't go to kiddie raves like 1 Nation.

They are an integral part of drum & bass, they go back way back to it's roots from dancehall culture so if you don't like them full stop, I'd stay at home instead :rolleyes:

just like you say man they help hype up the crowd and then make it brok. Lord knows too loud mic mixing will murder any party but thats not about the actual mc or emceeing is it.

and im from the hip hop side of things. ever drifting.

I think that better lyrics would be good over dnb cos some mcs are pretty terrible, but a good MC can be quite nice if they flow well.
Bad mixing is a killer tho, plus the sound of a hiphop record allows for a cleaner mix with vocals whereas dnb has a real full sound so it's very easy for the MC to be drowned out by a heavy tune but much too loud for a more minimal tune

Some MCs I like like MC Conrad. Others I hate with a passion. I wish MCs would just do the 1992 thing and simply hype up the crowd ("come on come on lets go") instead of rapping out full or improve scripts.

Originally posted by ZESTIE
I like MC's cause they *snip* give you summin to mumble along to
:lol:

Yeah they give you something to complain about. Yet is this a good thing? :lol:

Anyone get a chance to witness RUDE BWOY MONTY MC, then just do it! He's in a different league - proper Master of Ceremonies. Beautiful singing, amazing vibes, proper chat and lyrics, funny guy and what a character! GQ etc don't come close.

I also come from a hip hop stance re MCs... an I WISH D+B MCs would learn two things.
1: That they exist to hype the crowd and COMPLIMENT (not overrule) the music (IE: learn when to shut the fuck up), and
2: Get some decent lyrics. EG: Moose- His "Catherine Wheel, Millenium Wheel, Steering Wheel" chant is bollocks!!! As are MCs who just link random vowels together at high speed.

An MC can make a night but way too often they kill them instead.

Originally posted by kymatik

2: Get some decent lyrics. EG: Moose- His "Catherine Wheel, Millenium Wheel, Steering Wheel" chant is bollocks!!! As are MCs who just link random vowels together at high speed.

Thats actually Darrison, the king of crap, who spat those words of wisdom. Totally agree with you about the MC's tho.

Back
Top Bottom