Why do producers insist on...

Deekay[AUS]

Buffy's Bedtime Slayer
Remixing the classics. The Audio Remix thread has inspired me to post this thread. But seems to be the go at the moment. Neo is a baller of a tune. Always has been. But seriously, wtf. There have been some classics that have been murdered. Can we ever forgive Spor and Noisia for even thinking about touching Messiah? Look what Dillinja did to Nitrous. He just dropped his dacks there and then and dropped a nard on it.

Don't get me wrong, some tunes do get some worthy makeovers, but it always seems to be the big guns that suffer.

depends on your opinion of the finished result.

im sure you didn't have a problem with break's remix of "the quest"
but if you didn't like the track you would have your above opinion.

some work, some don't.
gotta take the rough with the smooth.
/

BSE have an LP coming out soon. All full of remixes. C4C are just releasing another Remix EP. First one was all gash. WTF?!?

- - - Updated - - -

depends on your opinion of the finished result.

im sure you didn't have a problem with break's remix of "the quest"
but if you didn't like the track you would have your above opinion.

some work, some don't.
gotta take the rough with the smooth.
/

You do have a point. Even Pendulum's remix of Bacteria was alright but it's playability in a club has long gone.

tumblr_lpbfgmujg91qfc1wv.gif

ha..

tbh some are great some are wank..

but it reignites love for certain tunes... like the break remix of the license.. too good

Deekay[AUS];1411058 said:
BSE have an LP coming out soon. All full of remixes.

Yea but that is shaping up to be something good. I'm sure others would agree.

I don't really agree with OP. Sometimes it produces gold. Take Just One Second which is a great example. Given to the right man in Apex and there you have a superb remix much better than the original. Yes ok there is bad examples but then that is just personal opinion. I think the remix of Neo is quite cool and gives a new take on a tune that has been battered by many.

There's some good some bad as Teddy said.
You do have a point. Even Pendulum's remix of Bacteria was alright but it's playability in a club has long gone.

Nah sorry don't agree with this either.

Who cares about playability? I reckon people would still go mad for this in club. Great take on the original for me.

Last edited:
Because it's easier to tweak someone else's existing good idea than it is to come up with your own from scratch ... I'm not even being cynical here - it is

I'm generally not a fan of remixes, but some of my favorite tunes are remixes. Dillinja's remixes of Strontium Jazz and Ultrasonic Sound really improve on the original.

probably the lamest I've heard. no idea what this has to do with the original

Last edited by a moderator:
Even Pendulum's remix of Bacteria was alright but it's playability in a club has long gone.

I played this a few weeks back at an event and honestly, people still go mad for it- between the original or the remix I'd always more likely draw for the latter of the two.

Oh god no :/ @ the Micky Finn remix

But yeah, I would like to hear some peoples take on it and some do it for the better don't get me wrong. But it's just the classic tunes that are just better left alone. IMO it would be nice to hear someone like Prolix take on say Turbulence and see what their take it would be like

Last edited:
I played this a few weeks back at an event and honestly, people still go mad for it- between the original or the remix I'd always more likely draw for the latter of the two.

The original is MASSIVE through a proper rig. Heard Fierce play it a few weeks back, popped off big time

Back
Top Bottom