why do people..

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Catsel, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

hide smoking cannabis (and other drugs) from thier parents??

most of your old folks were teens in the 60's n 70's. epic drug taking times.. they know.. they HAVE done it.. so why hide?

toke away i say

2. MAJESTIC

MAJESTIC BishBashBosh

So they don't steal it and smoke it.

3. Olllie

Olllie Bom Bom Cloud

If you're still living with parents you gotta show them some respect, and most parents aren't cool with it

4. Catsel

surley your showing respect by telling them.

5. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

easier that way imo. dont tell what they dont want to hear..

6. Olllie

Olllie Bom Bom Cloud

Misread your question.. I thought you meant smoking in the house.

7. Catsel

nah, smoking in a non smoke house.. is disrespectful.

but when you walk in from outside, you might not be able to smell it, but you stink! and they smell it.. do they confront you? no.. because they smoked it and they have turned out fine

8. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

not everyone is bought up the same.. not everyone who was teens in those years took drugs either.. thats like saying because we were young in naughtees that we all stabbed people, sniffed up plant furtiliser and took mdma! everyone different. and i have said it so many times, i smoke weed everyday but by no means do i think its not doing me any damage.

9. dnbkingz

dnbkingz bollocks

hard to hide from my old dear when i'd be lighting up a biffy in the back garden and the whiff would sometimes roam through the whole house lol.

Ahhhh to be young again.

But yeah, some parents weren't even with that shit when THEY were young so to expect all parents to just 'accept it' is a bit much. If you got uptight parents just don't bother smoking near your house. Blaze out, come back with a box of chicken and avoid all questions with 'i'm tired, i'm going to bed'

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

10. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

too many questions that comes with it tbh. as a young teenager the first thing they ask is 'who gave you these drugs you little fucking fuckbag' and you have to grass up your mate whos a dealer, or similar. cannabis is so illegal in some countries you might as well have a flame thrower, a fritzl dungeon and good bye horses playing in front of the mirror if you get caught with a rock hard piece of shit hash or some bushweed because the penalty will be about the same, lock you up and throw away the key.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  11. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

I smoke with my parents, well one of them in any case.. Hiding it would be impolite and disrespectful, like "hey, let's go smoke some weed and not tell that one friend of ours anything about it!" Dick move imo.

12. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Never understood this either. Most of my mates hide the fact the smoke a bit of weed, let alone everything else.

I've always been straight up with my parents about stuff like this, no point lying or hiding it.

13. Catsel

fuckin told ya. parents will appreciate the trust.

14. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

I used to feel really uncomfortable smoking at my mates place, his parents both smoke it. They all used to sit there smoking weed infront of his little siters who were like 5 and 6.. it used to make me feel really scummy. I have a thing about smoking weed infront of kids i think its wrong. When i have children i would never smoke weed around them i would stop and do it on the odd occasion such as stag do's or whatever. I just think parents are who make children.. i am only the way i am because of my parents and they were pretty strict with me.. not massivley but i would never get away with smoking weed around them.. wouldnt now either and im 25

15. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

also i cant preach to people as i am an everday toker.. BUT most weed smokers always try and justify that weed isnt dangerous blah blah which is true to a certain degree.. but i have seen it first hand one of my mates get cannabis psycoss and commit suicide.. also same thing happened to another pal but hes in a mental institition now. both never took class a's only weed. So im glad it isnt glorified and legal in this country as it does affect everyone on different ways and is by no means 'good for you'

ThePapa likes this.
  16. JReilly

JReilly Member

The reason people hide it is because there is a very negative stigma around weed and some parents just go along with the stigma as it's pushed by most media outlets. Anyone speaking about the positive effects of weed (and there is fucking loads) is not given the time of day.

Thats why youngsters feel the need to hide it. Because their parents haven't been bothered to seek out the truth. So they spew out what they have been told to think and the kid feels the need to hide to avoid getting in trouble.

17. Catsel

:word:

18. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

i hid it till i got kicked out of school for it they werent all that pissed off

but hiding it is part of the fun when your younger

19. _MILLA

_MILLA Flamboyant muthafucka

my mum has found me in some complete states.. aint no secret in my crib

20. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

one of my exes family is fairly dutch in that sense, smoke full on all the time, start at exactly 12 noon, father and son in the smoking room, sit there and smoke for the rest of the day. the father had kilo bags of haze in a freeze box. weed smoke break in the middle of dinner for example, the three sisters sitting round the table, boyfriends, the brother, mother, father, mad joints going round the table. like normal fondue dinner or spaghetti dinner, beer and whiskey aaaand a weed break in the eating. how dutch is that? really dutch i think, but you know what i think it really was, white thrash. but dutch white thrash. anyway i had been up for two days partying before i got to their house this one time and had to be excused from the table during the weed break it was too much for me. i would have collapsed there and then but managed to stagger upstairs, didnt even find the guest room, slept for the rest of the weekend in an empty room upstairs on one of them blow up mattresses with morning robe as duvet. when i came down on sunday just in time to shuffle to the train, wasnt nobody very happy to see me. one of the sisters just had her first baby, smoked full on straight through the pregnancy. cannabis is good for you, good for everything apparently.