Why do people type like dis and dat???

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Borf™, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Is there any benefit in typing like this:

he was der and i sed 2 him na, so he sed he cum over here and do wat he alwayz dus.

Really fucks me off. Is it really that hard to type a full word properly? May be easier for you to type, but a hell of a lot harder for us to understand your retarded lingo. Most of the time I ignore posts like that.

And what really fucks me off, is spelling something wrong, and it's either the same amount or even more letters.

Thoughts?

2. BoudiCat

BoudiCat SERIAY.

I totally agree, I love punctuation & proper spelling (very sad) but it looks so much nicer writing properly! Sometimes I slip into no capitals but other than that I type properly, same for when I text.

3. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

EXSPAIN WRONG N RIGHT TO ME ,...

IF YOU WENT TO SCHOOL IN WHICH I TAKE IT YOU DID , CONGRATULATIONS 1STLY ,

YOU LISTEN TO A VERY CREATIVE FORM OF MUSIC BUT YET YOU CLOSE YOUR MIND DOWN WHEN IT COMES TO WRITTING :eek:

OK ,...

WE ALL COME FROM DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS , (NOT IN ANY ORDER)
    A] ITS AN INTERNATIONAL BOARD
    B] AGE
    C] IMAGE
    D] MINDSTATE
    E] DISLEXIA

NOW YOU SEEM KINDER LUCKY TO ME AS HAY PRAPS VIA YOUR EDUCATION PROGRAMME THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE WAS TAUGHT WELL AND YOU HAD A BRAIN / MIND STATE THAT COULD EASIERLY UNDERSTAND IT . ( :thumbsup: )

BECAUSE YOU FIND THIS SO FUCKING EASY YOU ARE NOW IN THE MINDSTATE OF "IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU"
    YOUR CHALLENGE FOR ANYONE SUFFERING DIFFERENT FORMS OF DISLEXIA IS "HAY LEARN TO USE A SPELL CHECKER" :readthis:
    NOT AN EASY SOLUTION IF SOMEONE ALREADY CANT SPELL AND DEPENDING ON WHAT TYPE OF DISLEXIA THEY SUFFER , BUT HAY THATS NOT YOUR PROBLEM , YOUR PROBLEM IS ITS NOT THE SAME AS YOU SO " OI " IT FUCKS YOU OFF .

THEN YOU HAVE THE WHOLE IMAGE / AGE THING GOING ON WHERE ITS KOOL TO BE A NON CONFORMIST IN HOW YOU RIGHT SPEAK LIVE ETC ,.. PRAPS YOUR BACKGROUND IS A VERY CONSERVITIVE (WHAT IS ,IS TYPE SHIT) AND YOU TAKE ON BOARD WHAT SOMEONE SAYS TO YOU AND DONT QUESTION (THE WHYS) YOU JUST GET ON AND DO JUST TO FIT IN , WHO KNOWS ..

I DO FIND THIS TYPE OF POST AMAZING ,.. YOU LISTEN TO A VERY EXSPERIMENTAL MUSIC , THATS BACKGROUND AS THE KIDS LIKE TO CALL IT "URBAN STREET MUSIC" :bone: BUT YET
    YOU DONT EXCEPT THAT "THE STREET" LANGUAGE IS TRIBAL COMUNICATION WITHIN ITS SELF. ALL YOU SEE N HEAR IS ,

JUS AD BARE JOKES BLUD,MERKED A RAH RAH WHO FORT E WAS BETA (HAHA) ,JACKED HIM 1 TIME FOR ALL IS PAPER QUEEN ,..

ANYWAY ...

ALL I GOT TO SAY TO YOU ON THE MATTER IS THIS ,.. IM 100% DISLEXIC , MY BACKGROUND AT SCHOOL DIDNT SUPPORT ME , INFACT DIDNT REALLY HAVE STUFF IN PLACE , BUT YET WHAT YOU HAVE JUST SAID HAS BEEN INSULTING NOT JUST TO ME BUT HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE WHO USE BOARDS , NOT ALL OF US ARE LUCKY LIKE YOU , BUT BEING DISLIXIC DOESNT STOP ME DOING WHAT I DO , BECAUSE I HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE THAT A] ITS NOT A PERFECT WORLD B] MAN HAS HIS OWN STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESS'S (MINES NOT READING WRITTING BUT YOURS IS) C] YOUR BETTER THAN ME FOR IT (NOT) :thumbsup:

TAKE A CHILL PILL OK IT FUCKS YOU OFF , FUCKS ME OFF BEING A DISLEXIC AND UPLOADING STUFF /LINKING STUFF TO A SITE THAT IF I HAVE TO BE TRUTHFUL DOESNT MIRROR DOESNT SAY THANKS , YOU KNOW HOW TO DOWNLOAD BUT NOT UPLOAD ,THATS RUDE THATS CUNTISH IN MY EYES BUT HAY WHO AM I TO SAY SHIT ...

TO ME THATS MORE RUDIER THAN IF SOMEONE WRITES SHORT HAND ...

BUT HAY THATS ME ....... :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  4. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

:word:

5. BoudiCat

BoudiCat SERIAY.

You should run for PM panty :)

6. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

No offence Panty, but using dyslexia as an excuse is rubbish. I have pretty bad dyslexia but still write in proper English. Deleting mistakes in spelling and/or grammar is piss on a computer, its not like you're going to leave blotches or smudge marks is it?
    Anyway, I think Brofski's point was the fact that its probably takes longer to read and write in "text" English that proper English, I know it does for me so that's why I don't bother. Plus it makes you look positively moronic IMO. Just my $0.02 into the pot.

And there's no need to drag uploading/downloading beef into it either, one's nothing to do with the other. I know you're pissed off about it and I've been very kind about it with you in the past, but please don't turn it into a slagging match.

7. safety

safety double safety

yeah, some this morning* i didn't wake into my usual foul mood and didn't sneer at one person on the tube this morning. i actually smiled at someone which is really the wrong thing to do in london, that kind of shit can get you arrested, especially seeing as i've got a full beard at the moment and was carrying a backpack.

8. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

THE GUY ASKED FOR MY *THOUGHTS* :bone: AND HAY I GAVE THEM :D JUST LIKE YOU DID :bone: ... END OF STORY ...

9. BDS

BDS Active Member

:weakest:

:thumbsup:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  10. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Somebody once made a comment here that when you read crap, you hear the voice of a crap speaker in your head. I don't like to hear that voice so I mostly ignore txt speak and other crap (not you TPI). Like Indi says, proper spelling is a piece of piss with a computer. Additionally - writing is communication - if what you're writing is not reasonably clear, you are not communicating. Furthermore, taking care in writing focuses your thoughts and allows you not only to express them more clearly to others but also to yourself. Its exactly the same with music, structure, makes the music - especially with dnb.

That doesn't mean you have to be a pedantic ass (me), you can sing with your writing as long as its consistent. Logikz's writing is the Original Nuttah of dnbforum while TPI is the Tenor Fly in Tarantula.

11. Nutek

Nutek movement junglist

i definately agree, it depends what kind of a mood in a think, well im not sure what it is, but some of my posts are fully punctuated and written properly, others are a bit of a mess, but hey, its the internet, also im an A grade in english, but i still use "txt spk" on the occasion, although i must admit some of it can be annoying. its all personal preference if you ask me (y), life is all about personal preference :)

12. BDS

BDS Active Member

like panty says though some of us are dyslexic and als o at work where ur not supposed to be on shit like dnbforum so we type quicker and sumtimes make more mistake or use text speak but why does it have to be an issue?

13. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

M8...its just like typing in an accent!!

Dont hate on it!!...

14. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

and what am i???

Thats quite interesting..... style of writting compared to a dnb artist... :D

15. safety

safety double safety

aah man, so many jokes i don't know which to type* i might start a poll on which insult to level at rocksteady

16. MARLZTAH

MARLZTAH ++DuB PrOFesSoR++

:thumbsup:

17. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

Its proven that 'txt' talk expands and develops your chains of thought processing.

Its like speaking a second dialect.

No different than speaking in welsh for example.

18. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

hahaha...

19. Da'DGee

Da'DGee Scousebuster

was = wuz
    here = ere
    :teeth:

but agree with you..

20. spiderfran286

spiderfran286 "Yes, squid pro roe..."

shorthand is a quality skill to have