Why do people not feedback on this forum?

We're all fledgling producers here. It's a big give and take thing. We should share what we've learned up to this point for the betterment of the dnb community.

thats how i feel too. hell if i figure out how to make every track sound perfect ill let you guys know..!!!!! better here than on
Dicks Or Assholes

i just wanted to make a post in this thread just to explain for myself,

if you make a tune that is dubstep or jump up, its far less likely that i will actually listen and comment them, because i dont listen to the genres, i would be a terrible critic of them. so i really leave it to the people who actually know what they are talking about and dont hav to fake an interest in the genres.

where as something that says minimal or neuro in the title is gonna get clicked straight away. thats just me i operate this by personal preference i think most of us do neway??

I hate it that DnB gets sub catogorised. I listen to as much as I can, and leave feedback. Especially those that dont seem to be gaining much interest, because I know how it feels. My most rescent project has had over 50 views, but only one comment.

Most of us dont care if it's good or bad feedback we recieve, because either way, it helps us notice our errors and strive to overcome them.

Infact, the only time I dont usually leave feedback is if it's on a myspace page (because for some reason my PC doesnt ever load up the players), or if it's by a hugely popular member of this community. Not because his/ her tune sucks, but because they already have a huge following, and chances are, everything I could say about the tune has already been said.

yeah, theres 2 other reasons i have realized why feedback may be effected, 1 is that the artist is already established and the tune they are posting is better than every body else so im like "well they dont need much of a comment" so il usually just say "badman tune" or some shit

the other is when they say "FREE 320"
if you think its that sick, then you dont need my feedback, and i dont really give a fuck about 320s coz i dont play out.

i also try to comment tunes that havnt had many responses coz i hate it when i dont get any feedback.. but there are still people posting here who dont feedback anyone elses shit.

i m going to make a habit to go on there and leave feedback, unfortunatly i wont be able to able to give any technical feedback

It is very disheartening when you see over 70 views on your track, but only 1 comment.

I dont understand it because without the feedback, whats the point in posting up your tracks. And if you dont post up your new tracks, what are people around here gonna do?

It's a huge give and take thing. I give feedback as best I can because I want to hear peoples thoughts on my track, doesnt matter if they are positive or negative thoughts. All criticism is constructive.

I'm by no means anywhere near the talent as some of these guys around here, and I accept that, I'm not making music to make money, I do it for my own personal pleasure. But nothing is more satisfying knowing someone has listened to your tune and told you what they think. Damn, I'd love to personally tell Chase and Status what I think of their music!

The views to comments ratio is just how the shit goes here. There's a lot of peeping tom's around, quick look then off into the night without a trace.
I've actually tried to listen to every post since I joined (apart from a five week holiday with no netz) but sometimes I just have nothing to say. Sometimes people post some shite they just spent 2 hours on and you can tell.

I reckon if there was someting similar to a poll on every post with: (something like)

1 absolutely terrible
2 listenable but not memorable
3 basically good
4 brilliant bedroom producing
5 professional

then there might be more response, but then it might make us all a bit lazy too.

The views to comments ratio is just how the shit goes here. There's a lot of peeping tom's around, quick look then off into the night without a trace.
I've actually tried to listen to every post since I joined (apart from a five week holiday with no netz) but sometimes I just have nothing to say. Sometimes people post some shite they just spent 2 hours on and you can tell.

I reckon if there was someting similar to a poll on every post with: (something like)

1 absolutely terrible
2 listenable but not memorable
3 basically good
4 brilliant bedroom producing
5 professional

then there might be more response, but then it might make us all a bit lazy too.

Yeah, that might make some people lazy because all they'd have to do was pick one of those 5 options, but imo... I think it'd help encourage those who don't usually leave feedback for fear of not knowing what to say.

I think it's a fantastic idea to implement those 5 options!!

It's got my vote

Great idea, drumnbass.be already works with this kind of system, and it works great for them.. I never understood why this forum doesn't have it..

man i fucking listened to about 8 today and gave feedback

im trying!

i try to give advice too... but for me (as in when my tunes are being reviewed), i get the feeling that people don't know really what to feedback on.

Not trying to sound pompous or nothing, but my tunes are getting to a level where you can't give advice so readily... ie a complete noob track there are loads of things to point out?

it's the same when i listen to people like dexcell for example, there tunes are well made and put together... what else is there to say apart from 'badman'/'not my cup of tea'/etc?

i try to give advice too... but for me (as in when my tunes are being reviewed), i get the feeling that people don't know really what to feedback on.

Not trying to sound pompous or nothing, but my tunes are getting to a level where you can't give advice so readily... ie a complete noob track there are loads of things to point out?

it's the same when i listen to people like dexcell for example, there tunes are well made and put together... what else is there to say apart from 'badman'/'not my cup of tea'/etc?

From a producers point of view yes.......but for anyone even mildly ambitious, they'll be wanting to get their tunes played out to people, 99.5% of whom won't know what a daw is, and who think eq consists of rock, pop, jazz or live etc.
And who's reaction will either be 'badman'/'not my cup of tea'/etc.

I guess I'm saying that any sort of feedback is valuable, and I'm sure even Dexcell appreciate comments like 'big tune'

Great idea, drumnbass.be already works with this kind of system, and it works great for them.. I never understood why this forum doesn't have it..

damn boy, when was the last time you came on? :gang_bang

Thought you were gone or something :boxing:

ive got a page on facebook , with a whole lot of my friends who have joined , but all you see on the page is me babbling on about my songs , and they dont even listen to my songs :( . they join the group then never look at it again , ive been given good feedback from this forum , but it did take a while but atleast i got it :)

going to make a new thread for my new songs and see what happens :P

From a producers point of view yes.......but for anyone even mildly ambitious, they'll be wanting to get their tunes played out to people, 99.5% of whom won't know what a daw is, and who think eq consists of rock, pop, jazz or live etc.
And who's reaction will either be 'badman'/'not my cup of tea'/etc.

I guess I'm saying that any sort of feedback is valuable, and I'm sure even Dexcell appreciate comments like 'big tune'

i cant imagine there is anyone who doesn't want an honest opinion about parts you like and dont like regardless if they put bangers up all day long, otherwise whats the point in putting them up for review.

everytime i post a song i spend about a half hour listening to at least the stuff at the top with only 2 or 3 responses so far. 5-6 songs. its good at the very least to hear the new sounds people are coming up with.

EDIT:

it just comes down to the genres really... i dont click many dubstep tracks

Last edited:
I also posted a track and a live mix before, got not that much replies.
But I'll post something new right now!

Why do people not feedback on this forum?
i just listened to a handful of tracks and they could be the best produced track(s) of its genre ever but musically it didn't appeal to me, i found it mindless repetitive drivel. I wouldn't buy it in a record store, and i wouldn't choose to listen to it ever again. I don't think there is any point writing that in the guys thread - do you ?

BUT to comment on the 'technical' aspects of ; the overall structure/arrangement, the drum pattern/rhythms, the overall sound levels all sounded fine under analysis' but the music just didn't appeal - what do you do ?

Back
Top Bottom