Why do people not feedback on this forum?

Dan JJJJJJ

What I find maybe more interesting about lack of replies is the amount of people who "view" without actually listening to the tune. My last post on here has 62 views, no replies, and I know that not a single person actually listened to the tune. Not saying I am any better, I largely gave up on this forum for this reason and rarely come on to feedback any more. (By the way I'm not complaining, no reason why anyone would want to listen to my shitty tunes...just weird that people look but then don't bother play!)

However, any kind of feedback can be so helpful...as a rank amateur internet taught producer I've learnt pretty much everything useful from people's comments on tunes and can't see myself significantly improving without more.

Last edited:

Teddy

60%
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
just because someone views your post doesn't mean they have to feedback or interact. pay less attention to the amount of views and focus on the positive replies. jd sports probably gets a thousand people look at a pair of shoes before someone actually buys a pair. they'd be pissed if they applied the same logic, as would fisherman who had to use more than 1 worm to catch 1 fish.

Derelicts Of Tomorrow

Founded 1977
VIP Junglist
Man I feedback on EVERYONE'S tune, not many others say a word. this part of the forum is full of self centered individuals I'm afraid...

Dan JJJJJJ

Hey Teddy, not saying anyone should have to feedback or interact. Just giving my 2 cents on the thread topic. (y)

Your JD Sports analogy doesn't really hold up. Why click on someones post and then not click the play button on the Soundcloud link? What are people hoping to find that is not there? It's more like wanting to buy a pair of shoes from JD Sports and then going into the store or on their website but not bothering to go to actually look at the shoes section. People browsing shoes = listens, actually purchasing the shoes would be equivocal to feedback in your analogy :D

Derelicts Of Tomorrow

Founded 1977
VIP Junglist
Hey Teddy, not saying anyone should have to feedback or interact. Just giving my 2 cents on the thread topic. (y)

Your JD Sports analogy doesn't really hold up. Why click on someones post and then not click the play button on the Soundcloud link? What are people hoping to find that is not there? It's more like wanting to buy a pair of shoes from JD Sports and then going into the store or on their website but not bothering to go to actually look at the shoes section. People browsing shoes = listens, actually purchasing the shoes would be equivocal to feedback in your analogy :D
Agreed