Why do MC's ruin drum and bass mixes???

For fuck sake... GET OVER IT!!!

MCs are here to stay whether your little ass likes it or not... they are just as important to the scene as DJs are!!

MCs are apart of the scene and are there for a reason... have you ever been to a rave with no MCs???? BORING AS FUCK!!! and thats coming from a DJ who has been on the circuit for nearly 10years...

:word:

if you are complaining about mc's being too dominant then you are going to the wrong raves.

open your eyes. mc's have always been part of the scene and always will be.

just dont listen to it if you dont like it..simple as that

end thread

MCs within drum 'n' bass are shocking in general, there's a few i can stand but the guys at the top don't set the bar high enough for themselves, once they get famous they get lazy

more hyper d's please...

i quite enjoy a good mc. there's enough variation in dnb nights these days to avoid them if you dont like them. as for tape packs nothing gets my goat more than a badly recorded set. so many where they're distorted, the mcs are too loud etc etc. its as if no one listens too them before they release them.

Personally I think the original few (Skibba, Shabba, Fatman D, Fearless etc) should start the fading out process much like Det has. They've had their turn and they've become too repetitive and sour in my opinion. It's time for a new era of MC (SP for one) to have their spot which I think they thoroughly deserve. I have zero tolerance and even less attention span for a jibber jabber MC.

Being able to say "gibbadagabbadabiddybiddybass" is not a talent in my eyes. Yes, I was a fan when I was young and naive, but I've come to learn that it's just simply irritating to hear. Drum and bass is all about the music, so let the music do the talking please.

/rant

brilliantly put mate..

Think your bang on it with the big time MC's fading out, never though of that.. would provide a lot more chances for up and coming MC's with talent! (hopefully not drumamananananabaasssaaasamunnannagaha)

Im on the fence with MC's. As said previously they can make or break a night.

The only live mix where i've actually enjoyed an MC is Dynamite when Roni Size played on 1Xtra at Bristol (19-03-2006) and thats because he is a host. I guess i like hosts more

But probably the best MC recorded over a mix is the D&B Arena Podcast with Sigma and MC Rage. He keeps it all rolling and adds in a couple of bars. Thats what an MC should be (on a studio mix)

Will have to check that one out then..as I said before on here, hadn't grabbed one of those podcasts in a bit..thanks for the recommend.

Most MC's add hype to the mixing, so long as:

a) The levels are right
b) Style of MCing suits the style of D&B being played
c) Very little/no "Biddi Biddi"

If those three criteria are fulfilled, then I prefer sets with MC's on, both liquid and jump up..

IC3, Krafty, Youngman, SP:MC, Frisko, GQ, MCMC, Harry Shotta, there is so much talent if you look...

Biddy biddy gets annoying now I'm older but when I was 18 I loved it.

What we need are sound engineers that ignore the request from the MC to turn up the mic volume when the mic's already too loud.

rrr man i wanna see foreign beggers live! they is sick mang!!! my favourite tunes - hold on and frosted perspecks!! urgghh they is sick!!

Iv seen foreign beggars before. Was fuckin sick.
Has anyone heard the tune theyv done with Alix Perez. Its a hip hop tune only heard it once on the MAH show but it was sick.

As long as MCs stick to the style of the music that their style suits there is no problem. There are definitely shite MCs who somehow get slots at recorded events, but I guess it's because they've been on the scene for time, or they're local to that event. Never got the point in spitting over a lyrical tune though...

I couldn't imagine going to a Rave and there not being an MC on stage- Granted, Its all about the tunes in the end, but It'd seem all a bit samey if every single one I went to just had the same tunes played over and over, MC's can at least create a bit a bit of diversity between each set.

Definately prefer Lyrical MC's over Crowd Hypers, Who are all well and good on the night, but listening back to the sets I'd, much prefer to hear actual lyrics than "Fire Fire Fire! Hot Hot Hot!".

Need more MC's like SP, Eksman and Harry Shotta IMO.

MC's are fine as long as they know when to shut up. A nice lil spit in the break down and some crowd hyping in the build up is all that is usually needed.

I've lost count of the amount of live sets/raves I've been to/heard that have been ruined by constant MCing, sometimes you just wanna hear the tune!

Sub Focus' Innovation in the Dam '08 set comes to mind.......Shabba should be ashamed of himself.....

an MC always makes a set when your there raving live. if the sound quality is poor on a recording it doesnt give the set justice.

fair game. i understand about alot od MC's chatting complete shit. Pisses me off aswell. still like hearing good mcs live tho.

Back
Top Bottom