Why do MC's ruin drum and bass mixes???

some sets are ruined by mcs but its not the mcs fault alot of the time its just the quality of the set if u were there live im sure it would sound much better.
i tend to mainly download studio mixes as they dont usually have mcs an if they do the levels are ok so theres no problem!

Yer i usually do but i fancied a bit of live andy c

ahah alright no fighting yeh

stamina is my man
metropolis and orifice vulgatron from foreign beggars is fucking sick.
mc wrec/ic3 are alright as well.
anyone else, i dont really rate or bother listening to.

Ive got big love for Wrec and Stamina...

Otherwise yea, mc's can really make or break a night. Though if i am a bit mash up i usually don't give a shit.

Anyways... Gotta go to bunchofcuts peeps... check it out if you are en Londres.

(but first i have to see the g/f and her friends for drinks in East London till 12... just taken the hits to get to the grits)

some sets are ruined by mcs but its not the mcs fault alot of the time its just the quality of the set if u were there live im sure it would sound much better.
i tend to mainly download studio mixes as they dont usually have mcs an if they do the levels are ok so theres no problem!

Good point..the energy of bein' there live out does the energy of listenin' on CD, etc...as far as the MCin'...

yesss soo good isnt it
i saw him last week with marky
was so fucking good

3223_66628002747_501662747_1571288_499716_n.jpg

yesss soo good isnt it
i saw him last week with marky
was so fucking good

3223_66628002747_501662747_1571288_499716_n.jpg

rrr man i wanna see foreign beggers live! they is sick mang!!! my favourite tunes - hold on and frosted perspecks!! urgghh they is sick!!

Im on the fence with MC's. As said previously they can make or break a night.

The only live mix where i've actually enjoyed an MC is Dynamite when Roni Size played on 1Xtra at Bristol (19-03-2006) and thats because he is a host. I guess i like hosts more

Some D&BA podcasts are hard to listen to at times because of certain MCs...The one that sticks out that I didn't mind as much was the DJ Steppa w/Tonn Piper.

But probably the best MC recorded over a mix is the D&B Arena Podcast with Sigma and MC Rage. He keeps it all rolling and adds in a couple of bars. Thats what an MC should be (on a studio mix)

Most of them wouldn't be missed if they disappeared

Who wants to go out and hear some cunt barking and mooing?

Personally I think the original few (Skibba, Shabba, Fatman D, Fearless etc) should start the fading out process much like Det has. They've had their turn and they've become too repetitive and sour in my opinion. It's time for a new era of MC (SP for one) to have their spot which I think they thoroughly deserve. I have zero tolerance and even less attention span for a jibber jabber MC.

Being able to say "gibbadagabbadabiddybiddybass" is not a talent in my eyes. Yes, I was a fan when I was young and naive, but I've come to learn that it's just simply irritating to hear. Drum and bass is all about the music, so let the music do the talking please.

/rant

Exactly mate i think that the music sounds better on its own without mc, especially when there is lyrics in the tunes and the mc is singing/rappin whatever you call it over the top, it js aint right

There's been MC's at Raves for nearly as long as you've been alive, get over it...they aint going anywhere :wave:

There's been MC's at Raves for nearly as long as you've been alive, get over it...they aint going anywhere :wave:

It would be good though if they could release 2 seperate packs, 1 with Mc's 1 without. I know it ain't gonna happen but the amount of decent sets that are ruined is unbelievable.

Oh yeah i know where your coming from, i don't download sets if there are certain MC's on them.

im same, especially if bassman is on them.

but i doubt they will do cd packs with and without mcs cos it requires effort, unless someone gets paid to do this

For fuck sake... GET OVER IT!!!

MCs are here to stay whether your little ass likes it or not... they are just as important to the scene as DJs are!!

MCs are apart of the scene and are there for a reason... have you ever been to a rave with no MCs???? BORING AS FUCK!!! and thats coming from a DJ who has been on the circuit for nearly 10years...

Personally I think the original few (Skibba, Shabba, Fatman D, Fearless etc) should start the fading out process much like Det has. They've had their turn and they've become too repetitive and sour in my opinion. It's time for a new era of MC (SP for one) to have their spot which I think they thoroughly deserve. I have zero tolerance and even less attention span for a jibber jabber MC.

Being able to say "gibbadagabbadabiddybiddybass" is not a talent in my eyes. Yes, I was a fan when I was young and naive, but I've come to learn that it's just simply irritating to hear. Drum and bass is all about the music, so let the music do the talking please.

/rant

cudnt of put it better myself

Back
Top Bottom