Why do MC's ruin drum and bass mixes???

barnesy00

DJZeroZero
VIP Junglist
Just downloaded this mix by andy c and all i could hear was this mc screamin down the mic the whole time makes it unlistenable, i meen im into vocals and that but Mcin just ruins it i wanna hear the mix not somone talkin and shoutin shit the whole time ya nu?

You have to appreciate the fact that these are live mixes though, and therefore the MC is playing a crowd.

I'm more a fan of a backseat MC, the liquid scene has many, but get where you are coming from.

That is why Fabio's old swerve nights at the End were so good... completely mc free!

Some D&BA podcasts are hard to listen to at times because of certain MCs...The one that sticks out that I didn't mind as much was the DJ Steppa w/Tonn Piper.

You have to appreciate the fact that these are live mixes though, and therefore the MC is playing a crowd.

I'm more a fan of a backseat MC, the liquid scene has many, but get where you are coming from.

That is why Fabio's old swerve nights at the End were so good... completely mc free!

Exactly mate i think that the music sounds better on its own without mc, especially when there is lyrics in the tunes and the mc is singing/rappin whatever you call it over the top, it js aint right

Some D&BA podcasts are hard to listen to at times because of certain MCs...The one that sticks out that I didn't mind as much was the DJ Steppa w/Tonn Piper.

what podcasts are you listening to
all of mine from there dont have mcs..

there has been about 40 of this EXACT type of threads mate in the last 2 months

so fucking stale.

Yea but obviously this is a forum that gets new members all the time, and a lot maybe haven't discussed it.

I guess just don't enter the thread if it's stale to you...

Exactly mate i think that the music sounds better on its own without mc, especially when there is lyrics in the tunes and the mc is singing/rappin whatever you call it over the top, it js aint right

I know what you mean... I actually like a good mc that vibes with the music, and doesn't try and be the music. They can actually make a night in some instances... You here Stamina or SP vibeing and just think, "yes yes mate, yes yes."

I've found this too and it is definitely annoying when the MC dominates. I feel sorry for the people at the event! On the other hand, surely it wouldn't be too hard to have a record of the actual mixing, straight from the mixer's output with no mc or audience? Although it won't have the live feel and may show more mistakes...

I've found this too and it is definitely annoying when the MC dominates. I feel sorry for the people at the event! On the other hand, surely it wouldn't be too hard to have a record of the actual mixing, straight from the mixer's output with no mc or audience? Although it won't have the live feel and may show more mistakes...

I have been thinking this for soooo long now. Though I don't get live sets anymore.

However I feel that most of the people who buy cd packs want to get the feel for the event, especially if they have been, plus I also think mostly us who dj are the ones who don't want mcing... smaller minority.

Yea but obviously this is a forum that gets new members all the time, and a lot maybe haven't discussed it.

I guess just don't enter the thread if it's stale to you...

I know what you mean... I actually like a good mc that vibes with the music, and doesn't try and be the music. They can actually make a night in some instances... You here Stamina or SP vibeing and just think, "yes yes mate, yes yes."

nahh ill think ill do what i want.
express my opinion like YOU are.

what podcasts are you listening to
all of mine from there dont have mcs..

D&BA podcasts on iTunes...

Soulpride & MC Rhymes 45:59
Drum&BassArena Podcast 11/21/2007

D&BA: Evil Quest and Juiceman 1:00:15 Drum&BassArena Podcast 2/13/2008

D&BA: Logan D and Evil B 51:11
Drum&BassArena Podcast 3/28/2008

D&BA: Majistrate and Nicol feat MC Funsta 48:18Drum&BassArena Podcast 4/8/2008

D&BA: DJ Steppa and Tonn Piper 28:36
Drum&BassArena Podcast 11/19/2008

I haven't DL'd one in a while, but those are the main ones i referred to..although the Steppa/Tonn Piper wasn't too bad.

Like ME huh... ME.

I wasn't trying to stifle you, just saying no point in saying its stale... fucking stale to boot.

What are your views on mc's?

ahah alright no fighting yeh

stamina is my man
metropolis and orifice vulgatron from foreign beggars is fucking sick.
mc wrec/ic3 are alright as well.
anyone else, i dont really rate or bother listening to.

D&BA podcasts on iTunes...

Soulpride & MC Rhymes 45:59
Drum&BassArena Podcast 11/21/2007

D&BA: Evil Quest and Juiceman 1:00:15 Drum&BassArena Podcast 2/13/2008

D&BA: Logan D and Evil B 51:11
Drum&BassArena Podcast 3/28/2008

D&BA: Majistrate and Nicol feat MC Funsta 48:18Drum&BassArena Podcast 4/8/2008

D&BA: DJ Steppa and Tonn Piper 28:36
Drum&BassArena Podcast 11/19/2008

I haven't DL'd one in a while, but those are the main ones i referred to..although the Steppa/Tonn Piper wasn't too bad.

ohh right the newest ones dont have mcs. or if they do its for a little and theyre not too bad, they go really well with the set.

I know it's not really MCin' and more like singin', but I love the Total Science "Soul Patrol(Ft.Mc Conrad)(Lenzman Remix)" track...Skibadee and Fun are my favs, they have some good lyrics...I didn't really like the Majistrate podcast with Funsta in it for some reason, it doesn't stick out as bein' one i really liked, even with Funsta in it...
I think i know more anti-MC people than pro-MC...

some sets are ruined by mcs but its not the mcs fault alot of the time its just the quality of the set if u were there live im sure it would sound much better.
i tend to mainly download studio mixes as they dont usually have mcs an if they do the levels are ok so theres no problem!

Back
Top Bottom