Why can I only mix when cained?

Sweaty Teddy

Nob'ed
VIP Junglist
I find that if I mix sober everything I do just sounds shit and I can't get into it all but when i'm stoned everything just seems to go good and I love it.

I know you get get into music more when stoned but surely that shouldn't make me mix better. Or do I only think i'm mixing better cause i'm stoned but i'm actually really bad anyway?

Does anyone else ever get this?

i used to think this but its the other way round for me!
maybe when ur sober u dont get into it as much and ur mind wanders and u stop paying attention.
i used to smoke and make beats and thought it was the bollards, but next morning i would listen back and think well that was a waste of an evening!

i used to think this but its the other way round for me!
maybe when ur sober u dont get into it as much and ur mind wanders and u stop paying attention.
i used to smoke and make beats and thought it was the bollards, but next morning i would listen back and think well that was a waste of an evening!

same... used to love a splaze and a mix, but now it just sends my mixes to pot (excusing the pun!) so i try to avoid when playing live... still love to produce and blaze though!

Helps me alot.. Feeds me right up when im blazed so i put more effort into each and every mix, when i'm sober it's just not the same! Technically my mixing is better when im sober (3 deck mixing etc) as when i'm blazed its just too much to think about sometimes!

I can't mix stoned tried to few times. It was just train wreck after another. I couldnt zone in and take note of what was happening. I prefer to mix with few Stellas.

if i jump up and down behind the decks with the volume up really loud i can mix better than when just standing there trying to concentrate, gets annoying if u accidently bump the needle or something tho !

ah mate!! mixing when your absolutely mashed out ur nut is so good
I love it when ur in the middle of a really long mix and I actually forget which sounds are coming from which tracks, it just blends together to make an ultimate tune
and build ups and double drops seem to last forever when ur high x

I seem to do everything a lot more carefully and precisely when i'm stoned and feel I can be more creative in the mix, also find i'm a lot better at fifa!

i love mixing when blazed. wouldnt do it playing out though..

so hard to cut down on bud when all the things i like to do - mix, produce and surf, are wayy better when high haha

Hmm I can mix in pretty much every state there is - Ket'd up, stoned, pissed, tired, sober.. The reason being i'm in one of those states pretty much everytime I mix.

Personally if you cant mix sober, i'd start to learn how to cos if i booked you and you turned up kained, I'd never book you again.. Most promotors would be the same, especially if they don't know you too well. Deffo a habit that you need to shake imo, unless DJin is just a bedroom hobby then smoke away lol!

You do ketamine? I pissed meself on Ket once while emceeing. didnt realise till I grabbed my crotch mid flow.

Haha worst thing that happened to me on ket was tripped out and started throwing up. Glad i've never pissed myself, I know someone whos shit themselves on it!

Mixing stoned is amazing, you hear everything, you just seem to feel it through your body, its all good!

I've been told though its a state of mind and you proberbly could do better sober........dunno if I believe that.........

tape it listen the next day or better yet tokin session

Back
Top Bottom