Why are dnb heads such snobby fucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
An whys that smart ass?

cos it fuckin is you hypocritical fool

you hate on loads of stuff which applies to your first statement on this thread...sort your head out
each of your points pretty well applies to ALL dnb in some way or form

some people are obssesed by being different and not following trends
and so wot if someone who doesnt normally like dnb gets in2 wot does it matter coz at sum point u wud of been the same u gotta start somehwere

This is summit that really pisses me off aswell cnt get my head round it

Truth. Word to big bird.

People let being unique and rebellious take precedence over what really matters: the MUSIC. If the music is good, some DnB heads will still complain because people outside of the scene are taking notice.

For the most part, the DnB community seems really cool and most of you guys have been really chill. I was hesitant to sign up to this site for no reason at all it seems. Don't know how it is at parties/shows/events, haven't been to one yet, but it should all be about love, respect, and music. As long as people are behaving and not causing trouble it should be good vibes. Of course that's easier said than done lol. There's always some jackass who comes into the club with a bad attitude looking to bitch about something I bet.

No I just state my opinion on a certain sub genre that has gone extreamly shit over the past few years with artists making music that sounds like it was done by a 5 year old in his bedroom... But anyway I dont create a thread slagging an artist of for going commercial, making a song that people outside the scene like or a track that isnt dnb... But anyway alot of people are agreeing with my comments so fuck off... I only made this thread because someone had just started a thread regarding Chase and Status being sell outs...

Touched a nerve ???

It's ok for you to slag off jump up etc but your not feeling people slating the likes of chase & status for being different.......
Ok mate....

scotty man, your a safe geeza but you ought to tone down these things man

that is all

I personally don't like many jump up tunes myself, but I respect people's tastes. Music is for everyone. As long as I can see the quality I don't talk mess.

People who listen to Soulja Boy and think he's good on the other hand..

you have a point as music production is more accessible etc. but by expressing your opinion like that your only going to get ppls claws out ;)

doesnt matter how accessible it is tho - you aint gonna have a tune dropped in the club coz u stumbled on a copy of fruity

i reckon the fact more people can produce means that we can all give ourselves good vibes neway

doesnt matter how accessible it is tho - you aint gonna have a tune dropped in the club coz u stumbled on a copy of fruity

i reckon the fact more people can produce means that we can all give ourselves good vibes neway

i stumbled across it 5 years ago and i get tunes dropped in clubs :confused:
must be doin somethin right

I don't think there is such thing as mainstream, commercial or selling-out. There is only your opinion of what is good and what is not. People are so narrow minded that anything they can't understand has to be pigeon-holed and criticised for their failure to understand. Fuck trends, followings and fads. Make up your own mind.

cos it fuckin is you hypocritical fool

you hate on loads of stuff which applies to your first statement on this thread...sort your head out
each of your points pretty well applies to ALL dnb in some way or form

Have you ever seen make a post slagging of an artist for selling out? have you ever seen me make a post slagging of a artist for making something that a 14 year old girl might be into? have you ever seen me make a post slagging of a artist that has made something outside of dnb? Nope... I simply state my opinion on jump up, I havent set up one thread saying how shit jump up is... I occasionally go into a thread about how good jump up is an make a slight joke about it being shit an I get idiots like you getting all defensive like I've just insulted your mother... If you got a problem with me dont come in the threads I make simple... A few people have agreed with what I have said so why have you come in trying to start shit?

do me a favor and press the ignore button ;)

Touched a nerve ???

It's ok for you to slag off jump up etc but your not feeling people slating the likes of chase & status for being different.......
Ok mate....

Just press the ignore button please you wont have to see my post anymore, I didnt make this thread to get into an argument with you mugs.

winner.png

But in all seriousness, calm down everyone, otherwise i'm locking this thread.

Basicly....

Whether little minded people like it or not.... dnb or if not its producers for sure are gonna start reaching the "mainstream".....

Big dogs in the music industry are finally starting to recognise that dnb producers are some of the best producers in the music industry full stop..... they write, record, produce and often master their own stuff..... which surprisingly alot of producers in other scenes dont really do... especially in pop etc...

Its only the little minded people in the scene that think the likes of C&S releasing a track into the charts that isnt dnb is a "sell out" thing to do.....

END OF THE DAY....

IF YOU COULD MAKE A TUNE THAT WILL SELL AND GET SOMEWHERE IN THE CHARTS, WHETHER IT BE DNB OR NOT.... YOUR GOING TO DO IT..... YOU A STUPID CUNT IF YOU DONT....

MASSIVE RESPECT TO C&S, PENDULUM, ZINC, SHY FX, GOLDIE AND GOODNESS KNOWS WHO ELSE WHO HAVE DONE IT!!!!

i dont like that people who used to slate me for listening to dnb ages ago have started listening to it now and asking me to tell them who decent artists are.

but they say something like calyx is shit because it aint got any catchy techno'esque riffs like slam by pendulum or whatever.

loads of people have started listening to dubstep and saying its bassline, that pisses me off.

do you actually know someone who said Calyx is shit???

i would've punched him square in the head, kid was talking utter rubbish and should forget about dnb forever

Calyx is one of the best producers in my opinion!!

Last edited:
Basicly....

Whether little minded people like it or not.... dnb or if not its producers for sure are gonna start reaching the "mainstream".....

Big dogs in the music industry are finally starting to recognise that dnb producers are some of the best producers in the music industry full stop..... they write, record, produce and often master their own stuff..... which surprisingly alot of producers in other scenes dont really do... especially in pop etc...

Its only the little minded people in the scene that think the likes of C&S releasing a track into the charts that isnt dnb is a "sell out" thing to do.....

END OF THE DAY....

IF YOU COULD MAKE A TUNE THAT WILL SELL AND GET SOMEWHERE IN THE CHARTS, WHETHER IT BE DNB OR NOT.... YOUR GOING TO DO IT..... YOU A STUPID CUNT IF YOU DONT....

MASSIVE RESPECT TO C&S, PENDULUM, ZINC, SHY FX, GOLDIE AND GOODNESS KNOWS WHO ELSE WHO HAVE DONE IT!!!!

this.

enough people slate them, from the lovely comfort of their keyboard.

Theyre all sucessful artists in what they do, regardless of wether you like it or not.

No I just state my opinion on a certain sub genre that has gone extreamly shit over the past few years with artists making music that sounds like it was done by a 5 year old in his bedroom... But anyway I dont create a thread slagging an artist of for going commercial, making a song that people outside the scene like or a track that isnt dnb... But anyway alot of people are agreeing with my comments so fuck off... I only made this thread because someone had just started a thread regarding Chase and Status being sell outs...

thats hardly fair...

i think mayby you have just changed taste, and see the more techy side of dnb as clever or what ever.

the jump up producers must be doing something right for it to still be going. with loadsa new night popping up. regardless of who you think then main audiences are.

I myself love most aspects of dnb, including jump up.and yes there does appear to be alot of snobbery, with non jump up slating jump up, and jump up slating non jump up blah blah

same as perhaps a commercial dance fans slating minimal house fans etc etc... its a part of music.

Basicly....

END OF THE DAY....

Good to see someone getting back on topic, I had a feeling I was gonna get a bit of shit of the jump up squad for making this thread.

thats hardly fair...

i think mayby you have just changed taste, and see the more techy side of dnb as clever or what ever.

the jump up producers must be doing something right for it to still be going. with loadsa new night popping up. regardless of who you think then main audiences are.

It was a dig at that cunt escape for comming in the thread an being a smart ass, I had no intention of mentioning jump up in this thread, but he wanted a reaction an he got one.

Basicly....

END OF THE DAY....

I totally agree with this.

if you look back into time for min......Shy FX, MBeat, Goldie, ect have all been there and done it - but the reason they got to that level is because they were GOOD
so what if C&S have a few chart hits, good luck to them.
its not a conspiracy.....just a very popular track(s) and if they get thAT popular then they spill into the main sttream and get prime radio play - could happen to any artist in any genre of music.

i dont think they've sold out - i mean, were they ever really underground in the first place?

the fact there tracks are played on Radio one is a testiment to level of creativity and production in those tracks

love them or hate them they make good music end of. anyone who cant respect them for getting where they are now and able to give up there day jobs, which we would all love to do, should have a rethink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom