WHSmiths..FAIL

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by dose.bs1, Jun 21, 2009.

1. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

2. spiderfran286

spiderfran286 "Yes, squid pro roe..."

it was the same in the WH Smiths in Sheffield, i noticed the Fritzel book in the fathers day section a few days back

3. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

i don't see what the problem is, it's not like the book's called Josef Fritzel: A Guide to Starting your own Family...

Angels & Demons is on the list anyway, which i find more offensive

4. Reference

Reference fair shout.

i'm achually intrigued to read that book.

5. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

Dunno if they gone a bit over the top about it, s'pose this isnt a case of political correctness though its just bad taste at the time

6. BIG C

BIG C Member

its like reading mein kempf at a barmitsfa

(apologies on spelling)

7. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

^^^ Funny sig man!

8. BIG C

BIG C Member

lol nice 1 bro :clown:

9. Welsh Junglist

Welsh Junglist AKA Faqade

I don't really see the big deal anyway, what about people who's parent's have died? My Dad passed away and I have to put up with Father's day being shoved in my face every year, people need to chill the fuck out, the general public well piss me off.

10. ArguS

ArguS Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

You find angels and demons more offensive than a book about a true story involving incest, rape and imprisonment???

11. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

yes

one is fact, the gateway into the mind of a freak, not that i'm not appauled at what he did, i'm just not personally offended by it

the other is a waste of paper, an author who rewrites my religion and the history of europe in "thrilling" stories to make money off the morons who buy books with bumpy covers at the airport, and it's not just the religious content but the way he writes, he's got to be the worst "best-selling" author ever, the time sequence is just and then, and then, and then, and the characters are laughable, if he was an arab ina muslim country writing about how "Big Mo" had a bastard child and all the symbolism of islam is just about sex he would have been killed a long long time ago

12. ArguS

ArguS Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

...And that's a good thing that people over here can write works of FICTION and not get killed for it.. 'Cause at the end of the day, it is a work of fiction. Anyone who takes offense (or worse still, bases their religious views/ideas on it) is ignoring the fact that its fiction..
    Angels & Demons would make a better fathers day present than the story of the worst father ever.. Thats all im saying.

13. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

no matter how much fiction there is i still become offended by the way he uses my religion to make money, if it was good fcition it probably wouldn't bother be so much but its shite!
    and ppl still lap it up...

it might sound laughable to you but my dad would most definatley be less offended if i gave him the fritzel book than angels and demons, he'd probably even find it funny it being father's day with his dark sense of humour, but everyone loves reading about freaks and psycos otherwise this book wouldn't be on the shelves in the first place