WHO'S THE NEXT HEADLINE ACT FOR REFORMED????

Dubsta

VIP Junglist
Hi all.....wanted to get you guys to help decide on an heaadliner for my next REFORMED event......Going to be in shoreditch, old street, brick lane area....please dont put yourself forward for it or silly answers like andy C........someone mentioned ZERO T.....we've had TOTAL SCIENCE, KENNY KEN, DEVIOUS D, RUFF STUFF and ASHATACK so far.

Who would you guys recommend?

LOL how about come up with your own headliners or at least be honest about your intentions of this thread and say "Please give suggestions of who we can afford for our next event"

Also If your looking at KENNY KEN, DEVIOUS D, RUFF STUFF and ASHATACK

You almost certainly won't be able to afford Zero T or Total Sci I wouldn't have thought, just some friendly advice on that one

Your line-up should be:

Andy C B2B Friction
Noisia 16 deck set
Chase and Status Live B2B Sub Focus Live
MC Shabba Live

he probably did you a favour not turning up tbh.

Well I didn´t care but its still..very unprofessional to say the least. Afaik on the one occasion he did fly and then stay in the hotel..how old is he? 12?
Whatever, didn´t he want to retire anyway? Farewell.

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:24 ----------

Bronski Beat

I´d go.

Really dunno what type/ style ur lookin after, but i think SPY or kasra or need for mirrors would be nice? if you had total science yet, ur public will appreciate them too!

I mentioned zero t just cos I saw him later that night at corsica studios and he was really good. He can't be all that expensive cos it isn't an all that big place and it was free to get in to... unless maybe he is close with the promoters and was doing it cheap for them

LOL how about come up with your own headliners or at least be honest about your intentions of this thread and say "Please give suggestions of who we can afford for our next event"

Also If your looking at KENNY KEN, DEVIOUS D, RUFF STUFF and ASHATACK

You almost certainly won't be able to afford Zero T or Total Sci I wouldn't have thought, just some friendly advice on that one

how d u know what we can afford?.....we had total science at our previous event.

---------- Post added at 23:10 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

Really dunno what type/ style ur lookin after, but i think SPY or kasra or need for mirrors would be nice? if you had total science yet, ur public will appreciate them too!

spy would be a good choice....we've had total science already. thanks pal.

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:10 ----------

I mentioned zero t just cos I saw him later that night at corsica studios and he was really good. He can't be all that expensive cos it isn't an all that big place and it was free to get in to... unless maybe he is close with the promoters and was doing it cheap for them

cheers mish, as you know our events always free entry so we cant book certain djs unless they can negociate on there fee's....im compiling a list at the moment to get some ideas.

you n the lads up for another set?...should be sorting the next one out tommorow, date wise i mean.

cheers mish, as you know our events always free entry so we cant book certain djs unless they can negociate on there fee's....im compiling a list at the moment to get some ideas.

...so how do you make your money back?

I'm not in it for the money mate.....If i was i'd have left years ago. Funny thing is i also co-promote this event called Liquid Bass which is put on once a year to raise money for diabetes UK and we take a lot of money on them....So i could make money from the events if i wanted to but it does mean a lot of extra work.....Years ago i put on jungle events and we made a nice sum on each one we did but it did involve a lot of leg work, late nights, ruunning around and money invested up-front......I got a family now so i couldnt find the time to juggle the extra work and effort needed to put on events that actually return a profit.

I know a lot of promoters with similar sized events to mine and not many walk away with a profit. The last paid event we did was in a place called Bicester, oxfordshire and it was on that day when we had the really bad snow....It actually started to snow when i started driving up to oxfordshire from london and time i got there it was horrendous.
needless to say only about 20 people turned up apart from the djs....luckily enough it was the only event we'd done with no headliner.....So we ended up having to pay venue fee, security and i dont know if you know but a lot of clubs have bar limit policy.....for example, you need to clear say 1500 quid behind the bar of you pay the difference....i think they took 200 odd pound that day so we should have handed over 1300.....But lucky for us the venue owner scraped it due tot he weather.

as for total science.....they are friends with one of my co-promotors......we still paid them a healthy fee, but jeeeesuuussssss...it was worth every penny...what a set...and a privilege to be able to stand behind the set and watch them rinse it out....nice chaps too.
...so how do you make your money back?

Back
Top Bottom