WHO'S THE NEXT HEADLINE ACT FOR REFORMED????

Zero T is a great shout, maybe Alix Perez or Bailey

alix perez would be fantastic.........Since writing this post we're having talks with a certain label about them doing a takeover of the night.....which will be good.....and if we do that we wont need to look too far for the headliner....but it means only a few sets left for the residents.....but doesnt mean we're forgetting about peeps wanting sets.....Reformed isnt a one off...got loads in store for the future.

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

Your line-up should be:

Andy C B2B Friction
Noisia 16 deck set
Chase and Status Live B2B Sub Focus Live
MC Shabba Live

argh! would you go to a rave with this line up (giggle)......plus i'd have to remorgage to afford that......like the 16 deck thing tho....is that all wired to a sync button ???

I'm not in it for the money mate.....If i was i'd have left years ago. Funny thing is i also co-promote this event called Liquid Bass which is put on once a year to raise money for diabetes UK and we take a lot of money on them....So i could make money from the events if i wanted to but it does mean a lot of extra work.....Years ago i put on jungle events and we made a nice sum on each one we did but it did involve a lot of leg work, late nights, ruunning around and money invested up-front......I got a family now so i couldnt find the time to juggle the extra work and effort needed to put on events that actually return a profit.

I know a lot of promoters with similar sized events to mine and not many walk away with a profit. The last paid event we did was in a place called Bicester, oxfordshire and it was on that day when we had the really bad snow....It actually started to snow when i started driving up to oxfordshire from london and time i got there it was horrendous.
needless to say only about 20 people turned up apart from the djs....luckily enough it was the only event we'd done with no headliner.....So we ended up having to pay venue fee, security and i dont know if you know but a lot of clubs have bar limit policy.....for example, you need to clear say 1500 quid behind the bar of you pay the difference....i think they took 200 odd pound that day so we should have handed over 1300.....But lucky for us the venue owner scraped it due tot he weather.

as for total science.....they are friends with one of my co-promotors......we still paid them a healthy fee, but jeeeesuuussssss...it was worth every penny...what a set...and a privilege to be able to stand behind the set and watch them rinse it out....nice chaps too.

that's all well and good, but you're not making any money are you?

that's all well and good, but you're not making any money are you?

Not a penny.....But i really am in it for the love of the music, sounds like a cliche but its the truth. I got a good 9-5 job so money isnt an issue. Once we're established we'll re-evaluate the event and maybe start charging entry....which also means we can book more headliners and use a bigger and better venue. But we're happy with what we got going on at the moment

how d u know what we can afford?.....we had total science at our previous event.

---------- Post added at 23:10 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

spy would be a good choice....we've had total science already. thanks pal.

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:10 ----------

cheers mish, as you know our events always free entry so we cant book certain djs unless they can negociate on there fee's....im compiling a list at the moment to get some ideas.

you n the lads up for another set?...should be sorting the next one out tommorow, date wise i mean.

Yup! If ever we're around we'll always be up for it!

I didn't say anything about making a profit did I? you've got to cover your expenses though

Why?.......i could go out and spend 200quid on a night out which you end with nothin to show for it or get four people to put 200 quid.....in an hat and put on a half decent dnb night???

Not a penny.....But i really am in it for the love of the music, sounds like a cliche but its the truth. I got a good 9-5 job so money isnt an issue. Once we're established we'll re-evaluate the event and maybe start charging entry....which also means we can book more headliners and use a bigger and better venue. But we're happy with what we got going on at the moment

Nicely put, I hope your nights do progress and i hope your booking some mc's now ;)

Why?.......i could go out and spend 200quid on a night out which you end with nothin to show for it or get four people to put 200 quid.....in an hat and put on a half decent dnb night???

have you tried getting the club to pay for the headliner? you'll save yourself £200 every month and you'll still get to put the night on...

getting venues to pay for anything is like blood from a stone mate......afterall most venue managers only care about the dollar and dont give a monkeys about your night.....would be good if they did tho
have you tried getting the club to pay for the headliner? you'll save yourself £200 every month and you'll still get to put the night on...

Back
Top Bottom