Who's seen all the talk about Alpha Magic then?

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Crazy stuff, and not good for us as we had our logo on a lot of their record sleeves and adverts :-/

I'm sure Mackie is getting flooded with e-mails and phone calls at the moment, don't forget the labels and artists either!

Good luck guys + girls!

:twitchy:

The threads incase you missed it all:

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?threadid=225261
http://forum.breakbeat.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=134452

Latest quote..

Mackie said:
UPDATE:

As of today we are still waiting to hear from our directors as to what the next stage is. Unfortunately it is a waiting game, i do not know who the receivers are yet, but as soon as i do i will pass this information on to people that need to know, although they will be contacted by the Receivers themselves also.

On a side note, this doesn't just involve Alphamagic labels, there is also a pressing plant that presses for many labels worldwide, its looking like this has a large part to play as far as unpaid bills go, there are labels that have accounts with us that haven't paid up pressing bills that ammount to well over 6 figures, this seems to be the knock on effect of sales taken a massive downturn and labels having over pressed and not being able to pay bills. This is just one area of the whole business where cashflow has come to a slow grinding halt.

I will pass on information to anyone i can when i have, until that time i cannot add anything.

:-/

This is quite bad. Many techno distributors including Prime have folded in the past year, and now A-M, who had consolodated several labels left in the lurch from other belly-up distros and even brought on new up and comming labels. Very bad indeed :(

Holy shit that is the most fucked up thing to hit the scence for a very long time. I really hope they get things sorted soon because the quality was always with them. Hope you get things on track soon, & what's going to happen to the Technical Freaks album release?

all sorts o shit is goin to happen here. hopefully other distributors wil come in for the guys who have worked hard only to get screwed in the end,

who's to blame?

spor, all ur shits on alpha innit?

As a label manager with labels there, no official line has been taken, so I guess we will know the end of the week or next week, but personally I have plans for our labels so watch this space....

side note!!! :clown: < <<i've just noticed this looks like me with bunches in my hair sorry :D

Zé_Klown_DJ said:
best o luck to you nexxi, gain up and runnin man!

jus read the DOA thread, talk about bitching!
That's what DOA is about, the drama (y)

sdm said:
That's what DOA is about, the drama (y)
ye, well amusing really.
sad about alpha. quality stuff coming outta there. And like someone said in doa, loadsa small label under alpha, are shaged.
and really, i dont think theres much chance for alpha to stay alive if they owe to banks an shit. These guys are ruthless...
If only mackie could explain to mr.HSBC or whatever
<<Look, we got some quality stuff coming out, i mean check that CELL009, bangin innit?>>
<<ye i like it, heres 100grand, and pay it when ya can>>

ah, shit...
icon28.gif

eeek, sucked into DOA I was ... :fuckinpc:

thats sad for all involved and will have a noticeable impact everywhere.

a speed-bump not a roadblock, someone said

There is a bright side.

That maybe due to this there will be less dark tech step records for a while. :2thumbs:

1992 said:
There is a bright side.

That maybe due to this there will be less dark tech step records for a while. :2thumbs:
I'm to try twice as hard to make some dark step now! :slayer:

Back
Top Bottom