Who's Making New Old-School Tracks (1992-1996 styles)?

Dilla G

Is anyone here making DnB/Jungle in any 1992-1996 styles? If not, is anyone interested in doing so? I'm proposing expanding upon what's already been done, NOT recycling old beat patterns and themes.

Furthermore, how do you think that such tracks would be received? Are the styles simply too old? Are people sick of them?

Love this style, been trying to produce this sort of style for a a few months now but havnt really got anywhere. Breaks are causing the most problems, bass is quite simple.

Cool, thanks for replying. I'm referring to tracks that would actually be done in the older styles, rather than simply being infliuenced by or containing certain elements from those styles. Any ideas?

Thanks for the replies, everyone! It turns out that J-Tek is exactly what I was looking for. I'll post something of mine, at some point.

I'm interested in making tunes similar to the later 90's era when they went all techy and sci fi. 97-99 era. Old virus rec's type stuff as this is my fav sound.

yeah quite like that trial tune, how did you make the bass on that ?

the first bass is just a z3ta patch few detuned sines and some distortion, the second one (at the end of 4 bars) is similar except i re-sampled back into kontakt to use the envelopes and automated a bit of distortion to give it a bit of analogue esk variation.

and i'll stick up some bigger clips once i know whats happening with them. cheers boss

Back
Top Bottom