Who's got midi?

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
I just got midi working recently and I am wondering what I can do best with it.

I have FL 9 and the MicroKorg as a midi controller

I just got midi working recently and I am wondering what I can do best with it.

I have FL 9 and the MicroKorg as a midi controller

i find this post confusing... every computer has midi, it's just a basic format that stores the sequence of notes, their duration and in some cases their timbre & dynamics

Some plugin's knobs can't be linked to controller though. Any thoughts? Maybe I need a visual to explain?

Some plugin's knobs can't be linked to controller though. Any thoughts? Maybe I need a visual to explain?

Any plugins that come built in to FL can be linked by simply right-clicking and selecting "link to controller...". I rarely use those, apart from love philter and fruity verb 2.

Any 3rd party plugin can do it similiar to automation clips. give a good nippletwist to the parameter and go to plug-in menu and then "link to controller".

then just move the controller you want to link and youre set.

Creating templates is a chore but you only have to do it once: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu4-kfzXYZk
might be a good link didnt check it out just looked it up

Any plugins that come built in to FL can be linked by simply right-clicking and selecting "link to controller...". I rarely use those, apart from love philter and fruity verb 2.

Any 3rd party plugin can do it similiar to automation clips. give a good nippletwist to the parameter and go to plug-in menu and then "link to controller".

then just move the controller you want to link and youre set.

Creating templates is a chore but you only have to do it once: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu4-kfzXYZk
might be a good link didnt check it out just looked it up

Very helpful, but it seems the 3rd party knobs can't even be made to automate and such, only some. That's what I get for using free plugins :rolleyes:

I figured out the problem. Click on the top left (usually where the presets are) and click on browse parameters/link all parameters.

when i fruity click the control on the vst you want to automate ensure your control surface is selected in the options ... then click the red plugin icon @ the top of your vst goto last tweaked control > link to controller ... then move the control you with to assign it to ... and it should be linked :)

i use midi on vsts and the mixer panel

... would love to know how to map the play button and track seek etc

i have a UR-80 designed for everything apart from fl lol

Back
Top Bottom