whos good with the electric guitar on here? a damn string broke

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by logikz, Jul 5, 2012.

1. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

its the 2nd string from the top, its broken at the base, ive got a fender squire. what the hell do i do! i have to fix it now, i was doing a cover of de mysteriis dom sathanas and all, someone please help. im sure i could just reel it in a little and just reattach, no?

2. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Pull the old one out thread the new one in. Twist the gear at the top until in tune.

3. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

naw man, the more you reel..the more you break..well, its broken anyway. If you don´t have a replacement string..:thumbsd: You could give a damn tho..like a rockstar.:D

4. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

I don't know anything about guitars but aren't some of the notes on the other strings?

5. MrChapman

MrChapman Member

This. You saying you broke a string in a round a bout way yeah? Take it to a music shop buy a set of new shiny strings at whatever gauge you like and get them to restring it for you. Cost about £6 or like er... maybe 9 of them funny Euro things you have. Then use the old string to pretend your a hitman. You know what I mean, cheese wire neck slicing business.

Also Slash played on a shitty 1 string acoustic. If he can do it so can you. Maybe.

Also change them strings every 6 months or so and give the whole thing a good old clean up. Makes it sound 10x sexier and look shiny and new and women will throw themselves at you. Plus you can have lighter or heavier strings depending on your style. I have different guitars with different gauge strings and different picks. If I'm playing ska/funk/reggae or a chilled song nice light flexible pick and a set of .10's. For the times when I need to start pulling out pinch harmonics and divebombs and crazy Vai style tapping shit it's a nice heavy pick and them light as fuck .09's. My acoustics all have a different set up again. Experiment and soon you will be mistaken for someone of talent.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  6. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Alot of banjo's only have four strings Karl..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  7. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

use your laces as replacement. the sound will define a generation

8. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

All the notes are on all the strings multiple times over. The string set up is used in a mathmatical pattern that allows chord notation to be consistent.
    Also it is real easy to replace a string. Real Easy. Real Easy.

9. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

meh what i did was loosen the string at the top, pull it back at the base, make a knot, attack to the knob again and reel it in. worked just fine, only i ran out of ideas for shit to play so now im going to bed angry and disappointed. im this close to starting a new dnb tune instead. dnbs got room for guitars im sure. like wah wahd chords, arps, leads etc (no cowstep btw. no way)

10. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Go buy a new set of strings, jesus christ man, you're not a neanderthal .

Twist the new one halfway around the metal thing t the top, then thread it OVER the wound piece of the string and through the hole, hold it a little tight and tighten the knob. Cut off any excess string with a pair of pliers so you don't look like a chrstian rocker, seriously.

11. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

Ignore the string, detune the top string down to D and riff up, shred it punch air shred again, repeat until you have achieved some of kind of status knowing the 2nd string is a hindrance and you won